Jump to content

what do you loath having to do during an install


Recommended Posts

Posted

I also fucking HATE when you've crimped or soldered your connection and have forgotten to slide the heat shrink over one side if the wire. I had TWO choices on which side to put the heat shrink and I chose ZERO! I will legit loser my shit over forgetting that heat shrink. The awesome thing is, I do it at least ONCE every time heat shrink is involved and it's usually somewhere in the middle of my process, so it's not the first or last connection, it's my brain fucking with me in the middle of my install telling me to fuck off and he's in charge.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I also fucking HATE when you've crimped or soldered your connection and have forgotten to slide the heat shrink over one side if the wire. I had TWO choices on which side to put the heat shrink and I chose ZERO! I will legit loser my shit over forgetting that heat shrink. The awesome thing is, I do it at least ONCE every time heat shrink is involved and it's usually somewhere in the middle of my process, so it's not the first or last connection, it's my brain fucking with me in the middle of my install telling me to fuck off and he's in charge.

this shit i did all my connections and forgot heatshrink sobi had to electrical tape i hate that shit

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Posted

On my car, having to remove the passenger seat and passenger side door panel just to get my sub box in or out. Then, installing or removing 50+lb subs in the cramped-ass space in the back seat area.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

working with MDF

Taking panels off that require 5 million steps just to get them off

working with factory wiring, knowing what to tap in to and what not to

breaking shit

Posted

Mine has got to be running wire to length in my personal builds to make it clean and shit...

At work I absolutely hate putting in crappy equipment especially if the customer brings it in 5 minutes after they bought it at the flea market.

Posted

Cleaning up..lol a lot of things irritate/frustrate me about working on a car in general..yhen I gotta clean all my tools/supplys up... that's annoying lol

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

Posted

Applying deadener, removing panels, having to carry wood in my tiny car, running wires UNDER the car, and trying to use self tapping screws that just don't want to do what they're made for, cutting wood until it fits just right, cutting wood without a tablesaw, and everything else when no one else will help you work on your car....mostly all of it when I can't have a few beers afterwards.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter

Posted

Waiting on parts.

UPS amd FedEx being late.

Running wire.

Gutting and re-running wire from previous fucked installs.

Getting cut and not remembering how I did it while digging in the dash.

Impatient customers who think it's faster to help me.

Doing "quick" installs in parking lots - I just can't fit everything I *could* need in my trunk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4850 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...