what to do, not getting payments agreed to for a car

so im selling a 2003 ford focus to my brother. he offered 1500 and i told him im gonna keep my hid then he asked how much i payed for the hids and offereed 450 for them. total of 1950.

he agreed to 250 every 2 weeks until the car is paid off. i have been trying to reason with him but with no luck. he is now 750 behind on payments and i cant get a hold of him.

last i talked to him he was telling me that his x girl friend is going to take over the payments and i told him no. my agreement was with him not her and i have no trust for her ( long story ).

my issue is that i need the cash and i can always find someone else to buy it. told him if he wont make the payments he agreed to im going to take the car back.

just wondering what i can do with in legal limits. i have mine and his agreements saved via emails and facebook messages and he has always made his payments by transfering money from his account to mine so i have prof of the only payments he has made.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

800, one payment of 500 another of 250 and then 50. as of friday he is 700 behind on payments.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Well you had a verbal agreement he has renigged on. Seems very straight forward what you can and should do, take the car back. If you don't pay when the bank is the lienholder they repo it back. Plus, it also doesn't seem you have anything in writing so you have a little bit more flexibility. Take it back.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Transfer title yet? If not then yes, threaten with the stolen car thing, that ought to get his attention. How far away does he live? Continue to try and reason with him before you do that though.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Laws vary state to state, but if you signed the title and didn't put a lean on it you may be up a creek. Although, you might still be able to take him to small claims and get a judgement against him for the money, not the car. then you can garnish (sp) his wages.

This is why i don't sell to family unless it is cash up front.

Oh, i almost forgot, as far as small claims go, the judge may tell you that unless he is behind 60 or 90 days or something like that you can't do much. Just depends.

First, yeah, it sux.

I recommend giving him a date to start the payments again or do a repo. Consider the payments he is behind as a lesson learned. I don't mean to forget the money, i just mean don't expect him to cough up $700.

You may also offer him a renegotiation on the payback terms. $500 a month is step for a 10 year old car. I don't know how much your brother makes but that would be hard to do for me.

If you need cash urgently then tell him and pull a repo if you have to. Shitty thing to do to a family member though.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

If you haven't signed the title over tell him is has X amount of days to pay you Y amount of $ or you are taking it back. I've learned not to do stuff like this for family or close friends. Relationships get ruined this way

Archived