need a new wireless router

I know all about the IEEE wireless standards and dual band etc. I was looking more for specific router suggestions. Ive always rocked linksys routers and loathe d link but the field has widened substantially in 4 yrs. I dont have a big enough house to warrant multiple waps either and my cable monkey days are long gone

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Nate, about how big is your house? idk the square footage of mine as I always forget it but mine is 2 and half stories tall with an 10 foot ceiling on the first floor and a 7 foot ceiling on the 2nd floor. I can get my 2.4 to work with 4-3 bars in the basement. I know someone will say "thats not good for security" but idc, my stuff is locked down like fort knox but I can go to the opposite end of my block and get 1 bar of my network. Across the street I get 2-3 bars. That asus is a nice router for the money.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Its not that big at all which is why its an issue now. There are times when we dont get enough reception to stream netflix on the smart tv in our bedroom and its line of sight even

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833162077

I just got this 3 weeks ago to support my new 50Mbit interwebs speeds.

I have 25 devices on my LAN, 16 are wireless, including 6 devices that stream netflix (at the same time)

The interface is fast, lots of features including QOS. Content filtering by device is nice for my kids, and it also has a built in print/storage server. I dont use the print server, storage server is compatible with a built in torrent client and the ability to log in with your phone and start torrents remotely, theres also a mobile interface which is also nice.

My ping times went down by about 15ms out to the net, though that might have been a combination of higher speed cable as well. Wireless transfers increased by about 4 meg/sec to the wired side. I think the only gripe I have about it is there's no way to make it N or AC only, and sometimes I have issues with far away clients dropping down to G or B speeds to increase signal strength.

My router (wireless) is built in to my cable modem ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320115

i have this one as mentioned before. being in a college house we have friends over all the time torrenting, streaming youtube HD, 3 xboxs, 1 PS3. it handles all the load all the time at once no issues.

I have 60 mbps internet from comcast as well. their blast +. I love ASUS routers. also make sure you get a modem to keep up. Im runnign Surfboard from motorolla. it can do up to 357mbps i think which can handle the AC which is acutal (460mbps about)

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

picked up an asus rt-66u as mentioned. much improved. Went from 1 or 2 bars in our room to 4-5. thats all I needed.

and i get 3 bars in my shed. even better.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived