CleanSierra Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 So here is a totally, " Cool story bro" post. Yesterday, before my birthday which is today, my girlfriend got me some great gifts. The gifts are GREAT, BUT aside from the focus, this story is the better part. I opened my gift bag with a bunch of white boxes. For those of you that have ordered SMD products, you KNOW the style of these boxes. I instantly knew what I was looking at. I open the first narrow box, BOOM, an SMD OM-1. Two more boxes contain the same thing, which is awesome because I have a 4 channel and a mono amp, so one OM-1 per gain pot. The last box contains a CC-1, which is SUPER awesome. I'm not sure many guys in my area have the CC-1, maybe one guy I can think of. There is also a hat, signed by the man himself( so was the CC-1) and like 16 SMD stickers. All great gifts from a very thoughtful girfriend. So here is where the story comes in: A couple months ago my girlfriend sent an email to Steve at WCCaudio and she didn't expect what she got. She told Steve that my birthday was coming up and that she wanted it to be special for me. She knows I love his products and knew that buying something of his for my birthday would be much appreciated and very useful. She is very supportive of this hobby and of arriving I'm passionate about. So, a few days later Steve emails back. He tells her that need be happy to make the birthday special and that she should visit WCCaudio.com and check out products and to hit him up with what she might like to order. They email each other for the last couple months here and there and he responded super promptly to all of her emails. He told her that he would hook her up on the price, since its a gift I didn't ask the price, but she said when she added the products to the cart in WCC site it was definitely less expensive than what they listed. On top of that, he did he's throwing in goodies, the signed, fitted hat, and stickers were a bonus. She told me about all of this happening and plays me back a voicemail he left her letting her know the package shipped. And here comes the coolest part. This morning, while at breakfast with my girl, she shoves her phone in my ear. A familiar voice says,"Hello, is this Justin?" and I was like holy crap. Steve called to wish me a happy birthday and to ask what I was up to today. It was super cool talking to him and I was like mind blown. It wasn't even my girlfriend's idea to have him call, HE wanted to make it special and he followed through and made the call. My girl is the best as well and I'm proud to have that chick. I was already a member for life and was fully planning on repping for SMD and being an advocate for the forum and for Steve/ car audio in general. I would have ran the SMD logo on my truck REGARDLESS, but he has earned the real estate on my back window for an SMD sticker for life. Thank you Steve, and Jamie says thank you also, you're the best. You went WAY above the call of duty and I seriously appreciate it. P.S. This is typically the kind of thread that Steve pops up in with the Pawn Star "Cool story bro" meme Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
n8ball2013 Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 Steve would give ou the shirt off his back if you were in need. Alot of people shit on him for no reason but he does far more than the average car audio celebrity would. Definitely one of the guys who hasnt forgotten what its like to be the little guy. No matter what the circumstances. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Neckbeard Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 Steve would give ou the shirt off his back if you were in need. Alot of people shit on him for no reason but he does far more than the average car audio celebrity would. Definitely one of the guys who hasnt forgotten what its like to be the little guy. No matter what the circumstances. Couldn't agree more. Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
Bmike Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 that's some cool ass shit right there. happy birthday dude. 2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd crescendo ft-1 supertweeters pioneer m650 pros audiocontrol 2xs crossover Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas
walwalka Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 That's awesome man! I knew Steve was a great guy, that is an awesome thing for him to do. Plus wishing you a happy birthday, that's tits! Good read man! 2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin
Brandonbkd Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 Dang that pretty freaking cool of him. And happy bday! FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!! 2003 Explorer Sport: FI BL18 SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm Pioneer DEH-2500UI Pioneer 6 x 8s Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s 5 ft^3 box at 35hz Lots of Mega Mat
shoulinpanther Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 This is an amazing story for sure. I am glad I found this forum, so many cool and legit people and so much knowledge.
elflako17 Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 sorry for the language but STEVE IS THE MOTHER F**KKINNG MAN. and happy bday cleansierra 2010 Mazda 3 *Rebuild Time* Subs - (2) AA Mayhems 12's Sub amp - (1) Populus Audio TPA 6500 Headunit - Pioneer App Radio 2 Batteries - XS Power (1) D3100 up front | 6 XP950 rear Wire - Sky High 1/0 Gauge wires and RCA's and steve's VM1 Alternator - Singer 260 Externally Regulated Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors) Mids & high Amp : (2) Populus Audio 100.4 Processor: Rockford 3sixty.3 The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11
Dan2427 Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 That's legit.. And happy b day sounds like its one you won't forget! 2003 GMC Yukon Denali Alpine CDA 117 Redoing Mids/Highs 4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2- 4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt. AQ20K 2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!
SLAYER1805 Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 Sounds like you have one hell of a birthday today man! Steve is one of the coolest dudes ever!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.