Second Skin Audio

Ascendant audio TEAM Series Sub

Bam Bam

On that wall I posted, Dennis(the owner) mentioned it doesn't play as low as his Zv3 18's did but got more brutal from 35hz and up, but then again, that wall was tailored for zv3 18's, so the port is gonna be changed to better suit the new subs, and more power :)

The Rodeo as it sits now does 158's sealed on the dash, and 159.8 in the kick door open.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

So much fail in this thread

God damn

How many times does it gotta be repeated correctly

Team aa's can be made with a slightly different spider pack and gap then making it 4th order freindly

The better option is 6th orders anyway.....

Power

If ur asking how much power it can take you do not have enough powere or electrical

They are quite efficent which has been completely over looked by most.... but they can handle upwards of 7k to 10k no issues, if u know what you are doing

Xmax is huge

Out the box the 15"a have a Fs of about 27hz

My wall with 4 15s tuned very high (IMO) played low no issues.... Tuned to high 40s I still peaked at 44 and 32 doing 156+ with half power about 14,000 rms ( 2 AB 750.1s)

Lets just say the can last a long time plugged into a wall socket

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Honestly OP it really comes down to would you rather run a sub that Scott built with either an AA sticker or Fi sticker. You wont be able to tell the difference in them anyways. As far as not working in a 4th vs working in a 4th, I have seen subs that are supposedly not meant for a 4th actually work in a 4th. Thats without changing anything on the sub. As for the power they take, they can both take a ton of power if you know what your doing. Im running the Fi's on 3 dc 9k's on 16v probably getting over 5k and I do all my runs back to back without heating up the sub. in a flat wall Im right at a 59 sealed and just did a 61 outlaw in the kick. So either sub you pick will do what you want

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Don't try a 4th order with the new AA team sub. There's too much motor force and it'll shatter the cone like glass. But if you built a nice ported box it'll shatter ur windshield instead

Specifically this information I have is from Scott on the 18" version in a suburban. 4/18 c pillar.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Best sub in the market IMO .. Mine take 2-8 ks in 16 v daily .. They took one 8 k each at finals never made noise have never found mechanical limits .. Mine were made special for a fourth opened up gap an different soft parts ..

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I knew that spider packs and motor force were the main factors in the ability to play in a 4th well or not. Just because they don't have the EBP that makes them perfectly suited for a 4th, doesn't mean they won't work in one.

With a sub as highly customizable as either of the Team subs, I'm sure they can be built however you'd like and for whatever enclosure you choose. Obviously you wouldn't want to just have a low EBP with a soft ass spider pack that won't allow power to be put to the sub. There is a limit to how soft they can make it to accommodate the motor force in order to avoid shredding spiders and launching cones.

Since you're planning on only running them in a ported enclosure, none of this even matters. The fact is, they're built TOUGH and will take the power and get loud doing it . The guys that have commented have first hand experience and will be your best resource for knowledge that there is.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived