audio control meter vs termlab meter numbers?

Ive never been on an audio control meter. Just a termlab and my spl lab. Both are consistent with each other, so I'll take spl lab numbers just as I would termlab numbers.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

The termlab is quickly becoming the standard. Thats why its used by nasa.etc. its.truly innovative in the fact.its a pressure sensor not a microphone.

Audiocontrol 180

Audiocontrol 190

Linear x

Kriss

B and k are all inferior for measuring sound pressure level.

I dont know any orgs that use an ac anymore or a b&k but I am out if the competing loop

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ive seen them both side by side in action they can be as accurate as one another

Termlab

Is newer lightwieght and is run by software that has had problems with scores during upgrades

AC

Heavy sumbitch, diaphrame controlled microphone can be adjust by + or - 3 to 5 db most comps dont touch it was more for shops to bullshit you

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

That's the issue. Can be. When using something else you're always going to base it off the termlab as the reference point anyways and even if you get a different sensor to match exactly a termlab still requires constant calibration or you risk inconsistencies.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

This is the way the. See it, As long as everyone is measured in the same meter and the settings were not adjusted is fair.

I dida 146 on an ac then the next day a143.? On a termlab. Seen people do 151 on an AC then the next day do a 148 on a termlab.

Like I said above though a long as everyone is tested equally on the same device with the same settings it's a fair event.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

The audio control is more known for measuring higher then a termlab then measuring lower then a termlab

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Like I said above though a long as everyone is tested equally on the same device with the same settings it's a fair event.

Thats just it though.

They are not tested equally, and if it is a sanctioned show, where your competitor a competitor in new york trying to beat a competitors score for the same class as you and he lives in cali, competitor a's 150db is not going to be the same as competitor b's 150db. This was a HUGE and serious problem with the Audio Control meters.

Just because both mics are calibrated it doesn't mean they hold said calibration, 1 accidental bump of the sensitivity knob when your setting it up for the comp, or someone bumping it walking buy, or grabbing something that maybe sitting in front of the machine will make it uncalibrated.

And unless your going to have some sort of security guard watching over the machine that is covered with a clear glass dome, there is no way to 100% trust the settings not being skewed with.

The difference between the traditional Audio Control DB Meter and the Termlab is tremendous. The one thing the TL has is consistency. The Audio control can be "calibrated" to whatever the judge thinks that day. Even properly calibrated, everyone i know lost at least 5-6db, some as much as 8db (from their "consistent" scores). Lets not even discuss the countless people that thought their 4 audiobahn 15's in thier explorer with 2 flame 1000 watt amps was doing 175db....because the judge wanted to put on a show and adjusted the scores to make things "better".

The new AudioControl sensor that is similar to the termlab sensor (not the wand type of mic) is pretty damn close and consistant. I don't know if you can manipulate those or not. The termlab has the K factor locked in so you can't fuck with it. I don't know if the AC is like that. I don't own one. The original, wand type mics though are so bad (for spl), you can count on the number you thought you had being about 8 or more db shy of what it is on a Termlab. I wanna say maybe years of being inside of extreme cars might wear out on the diaphragm, causing inconsistent results over time.. but i am not sure if that is true or not.

read my sig. Those are my official scores...the reason i have "At shows ON THE TERMLAB" is because that is important. Without that, your score can actually be anything. If it wasn't important, i could easily "claim" the 163 i did on the TL once back in the day when i was actually about a 152. LOL

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Archived