Jump to content

samsung galaxy s4 caught fire while sleeping


Recommended Posts

Posted

Great, I was wondering why my room smells like burning something, It only happens when my phone charges when its off charging its fine. Plus it gets abnormally hot when charging way hotter than any other phone I've had.

thats crazy man! and dangerous

Posted
update video on samsungs letter i recieved!

This needs more views.

share it over your facebook if you want. just trying to get the word out there

Posted

There have been iphoned that catch fire too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

iPhones suck and are boring IMO. Only Apple product I've ever bought is IPods.

The 4.3 update has been rolling out for S3/S4 the past week or two. I was checking past couple of days through my phone and it was saying up to date til today and its 623mb so its slow as fuck to DL. I"m kinda glad though it didnt' update yet b/c on S3 is has big issues, hopefully will be patched in the next few days they speculate. S4 I believe already got the patch.

True every phone has its issues, my Motorola SLVR back in the day was the shit. I owned that from like 2006 til 2009 I think. One of the most reliable phones I've ever had. Only thing was Itunes stopped working on it after like 2 years which wasn't a big deal

I would hold off on that update if I were you. I just bought an S4 last week, so I don't know what's really good or bad on battery life.... but it seemed like mine started draining more quickly after updating. When surfing the web, I drop a percent every 2-3 minutes. I've seen several people complaining about reduced battery life.... like we really need more drain on these things, eh?

Current install:

Pioneer DEH-X8600BH HU

AQ200.2 front stage amp

Q1-2200.1 sub amp

2 12" SSA DCON subs in 4cu ported tuned to 32 Hz

Image Dynamics CTX65 drivers

Image Dynamics XS28 tweeters

Kicker DS40 dash speakers

KnuConcepts 4 gauge wiring for AQ200.2

1/0 OFC big 3 and rear battery/sub amp runs

220 amp HO alt from Js Ultimate Alts

Second Skin Damplifier Pro deadening

Optima Yellow Top Group 34 / 78 under hood

Die Hard Platinum Group 31 marine in rear

Stinger voltmeter

Posted

i also have a windows phone its the basic 520 im planning to get the 920 but i love it switched from att to straight talk unlimited everything. have not had a single issue with this phone and from my understanding nokias are very well built ive dropeed this thing alot and never broke the screen so... where as alot of iphones u drop and bam done

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Posted

First of all i just want to say thanks for putting me in a good mood as watched the 2nd video just now. I am an S4 owner and I have not had any issues with mine, and as someone else mentioned in this thread already I bet it was lint in the charging receptacle and it caused an arc across the pins. The same could happen with any phone. As soon as I seen your 1st video, i immediately took the canned air and blew out every opening on my phone. But I will keep using this phone until it dies and then move on to the next one....if I were you don't sign any of that paperwork until you have a lawyer look it over first.

Posted

Only way I would ever see pocket lint arcing is if there were metal shavings somehow in the lint, fabric fibers from cotton/polyester/acrylic are not conductive. If it were just lint people would be having phones catching on fire every single day all over the world.

Plus, phone chargers are not that powerful, you're usually looking at 5V at less than one amp MAX.

Posted

I must be thee exception, dropped my iPhone 5 on concrete a few times, has a dent by the power button but that's it... I have had it for over a yr... No issues.... No slowing down... Infact... It's still one of the fastest phones ever!!

I will never go back to a faildriod...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4865 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...