• VOID
  3. 3. If you have it (cont.)

• Hearing tested as above normal
    • Hearing tested normal
    • Hearing tested below normal
    • Not sure
    • VOID

^^Answer the poll above as it applies to you^^

And if you do have ringing in your ears, have you found anything to reduce it? I've found that some sort of noise such as music distracts, but it's still there.

You have to answer ever question or else it won't let you submit it.

I could put not sure, but I think that would change the results from what you are looking for.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

theres no getting rid of it. you will have it til you die unfortunately. but it could be worse i guess. some days its worse for me than others but that makes sense. i can hardly sleep the night of a show because my head continues to ring for hours even after the show. demo problems lol

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

theres no getting rid of it. you will have it til you die unfortunately. but it could be worse i guess. some days its worse for me than others but that makes sense. i can hardly sleep the night of a show because my head continues to ring for hours even after the show. demo problems lol

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Gunfire without hearing protection killed my ears.

I'm 20% loss. The frequency response chart for me has everything dropping fast after 4Khz

In the summer I use the AC and ceiling fans at night to drown it out. I have a white noise generator as well. In the winter time the heater muffles the sound. It's the fall and spring that are the worst cause everything is off and I go crazy sometimes trying to fall asleep. During the day I manage to keep my mind off of it, except now that you have me thinking about it and the sound is deafening! You asshole

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

My ears have a very very faint ring to them if its complete silence but I had that even when I was very little, long before I got into systems. I can say though that before I knew I was clipping the death out of my system for the tweeters that my ears would ring for about a hour after I got out because of the clipping then after that time it would go away like it never happened. After I realized that I was clipping it hard I tuned everything with the dd-1 and cc-1 and I have no ringing ears even after being at full tilt for my usual 30-45min drives. Even when I drove 4.5 hours down to ohio this summer I didn't have any ringing. The only thing that happens once in awhile is I hear that single frequency ring in my ear which apparently means you lose the ability to hear that freq but thats all I have.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Mines not too bad, only really bothers me when I'm in complete silence. I have a slight loss in my left ear but has been unchanged in the last 10 years. I hate hearing test, all I hear is my own ears ringing so towards the end I'm just guessing.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

I only really notice it when its really quite. But every so often its like my ears "reset", my hearing goes out for a sec then I hear a ringing noise that slowly fades till my hearing is back to normal... its weird! As for my hearing tests... according to the military my hearing is above average and keeps improving, every hearing test it gets better and better. Which is funny because when I'm in the booth I hear a constant ringing, and between working on the flightline and my blazer I'm positive i have hearing damage (even tho my blazers not loud :( )

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

You have to answer ever question or else it won't let you submit it.

I could put not sure, but I think that would change the results from what you are looking for.

Added a void option to it

Archived