help with spl 150dbs

Maybe I missed it but what vehicle?

Honestly, i'd say your on the right track, nothing wrong with your gear choice, you already have 2 of the type rs no reason to switch out subs. Save that money to spend on building a good box or three (testing is going to gain you alot more dbs than new subs)

You have plenty of time to read and learn how about building a good enclosure. I don't think a 150 is out of the question at all with your equipment...that being said dont expect it out of the gate. Like Snow said, 145 is a great goal to start. Then test and tweak/rebuild from there, youll have your 150 or damn close by the end of summer

Edit: just to reiterate...ive seen two type rs do 145+ from a trunk not sealed off on like 2k...no real reason to get new subs just yet IMO

You have a lot more faith than I do in 2 10" type R's doing big numbers from the back of a santa fe. Those subs won't take 2k. Don't get me wrong, I have heard some 2 type r 10's get down pretty well and they sounded great dooing it. I am thinking a max of 1500w for both subs wired together and in an everyday box a 142. I recently saw 2 type r 10's on about 800w do a 136 in an XB with the back seat down in a ram-designs box. I am not trying to kill brents goal. I just dont quite see it happening without a burp box

Don't start putting numbers up against your build already man. You'll get disappointed real quick....It's really your decision, but I would sell the type R's locally (usually it's easy to sell them locally since everyone interested in a system has heard of them) Then invest in some higher powered subs. Build and test, build and test, etc.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I don't see you doing a 50 with 4 10's on a 4k. If you wanted to chance is you could daily at 1 ohm and burp at .25ohm. Sbould be an easy 2db gain for You wiring down

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

a 150 won't be easy on 4 10s. I've seen walls with more cone and similar power not get 150. Testing boxes will be the key to get you as close to it as possible. Then it will be other little things like moving sun visors and seats, sound deadener, and any other little trick you can find.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

As stated above, set your expectations around 145. That way when you don't hit a 150 you won't be disappointed. If you do hit a higher number, great. If not, as long as it sounds good to your ears, that's all that matters. The number you hit on the TL shouldn't be your deciding factor on whether you like your build or not. Unless you're a competitor and willing to travel to just about every show around to get points, don't worry about numbers. It's just a dick measuring competition.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

Archived