The Automotive Picture Post

I thought the new SI doesn't come out till 2017 models? I could be wrong, guy at work was talking about them. I know the 17's would be available mid 16 but that's still a year plus, unless it comes out for 2016 in which case you won't be waiting long.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I thought the new SI doesn't come out till 2017 models? I could be wrong, guy at work was talking about them. I know the 17's would be available mid 16 but that's still a year plus, unless it comes out for 2016 in which case you won't be waiting long.

Yeah we might not see it till 2017. If that's the case, I might hold out for the Type R if it doesn't look as Fast and Furious as the Euro-spec one.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

How about a v6 mustang or camaro....

The little 3.7 v6 cars will flat drag the fuck out of a 4.6 mustang. Mild mods gets them into the 12s. Quite a few guys with intake, exhaust, gears, slicks, and spray in the 11s.

The new Si looks promising but yeah, if you've never been around a 200hp+ fwd car you're gonna torque steer it into a ditch. In the words of jeremy clarkson, its better to oversteer into a tree and die without seeing it than understeer into one.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I've been around/built/driven 500+whp FWD cars and Torque steer is easily managed in front wheel drive cars if you know what you're doing....LSDs like the one the new Type-R will have helps eleminate that....they've came with LSDs since the first type Rs in the 90s....

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

How about a v6 mustang or camaro....

The little 3.7 v6 cars will flat drag the fuck out of a 4.6 mustang. Mild mods gets them into the 12s. Quite a few guys with intake, exhaust, gears, slicks, and spray in the 11s.

The new Si looks promising but yeah, if you've never been around a 200hp+ fwd car you're gonna torque steer it into a ditch. In the words of jeremy clarkson, its better to oversteer into a tree and die without seeing it than understeer into one.

Thing is, I want to drive a Honda/Acura since I work for Honda. I don't really wanna show up to their biggest plant in Ohio every day in something someone else made. I know that's less of a thing nowadays, but it makes me feel better. Plus I DO like the product a lot to begin with.

And I've driven a pissed off Holset turbo CRX that could probably not have been scarier. I imagine a stock Si or Type R would come nowhere near that haha

My feedback thread

Show up at a manufacturing plant with another companies car and see how it goes.

You should have brand loyalty if you work for the damn company.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Gonna have to side with Broke. You're right, it is my money, but brand loyalty is a big deal at plants. Relatives of mine work(ed) for both GM and Ford, and nothing good ever came out of driving other cars to those plants.

That being said, I don't think an Si/Type R as a daily would ever be a bad thing. That, or sticking with my current Civic and saving for a half-decent S2000 (weekend car) down the road. Or a 1G NSX if I decide to never get married or have kids :ph34r: (not gonna happen)

My feedback thread

my dad has worked for Ford since 1988. He's driven Fords, Lincolns, Mercurys, Chevys, GMCs, Volkswagens, Toyotas, Nissans, Mercedes, Volvos...

He'll tell you time and time again, best cars he's ever had was the Volvo 240 Sedan and the Mercury Grandmarquis. Best trucks were his Datsun 720 pickup and 91 F150 with an inline six.

Fuck what people you work with think. You are there for a PAYCHECK. not to make friends. If they got a problem with what you drive, tell them to pay the payment or to suck fat cock.

But forreal dude, if you want a fun and practical daily driver, v6 Mustang/Camaro, Scion FRS, Subaru BRZ, Hyunda Genesis coupe, maybe even a Miata if you don't mind getting called a fag.

Hands down most fun vehicles I've ever been in have been Miatas and those little FRS.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived