Karkov Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Was hooking up 2 caps and an amp in late 90's but didn't charge them first like you're supposed to and it put me on my ass. Also, I have learned the hard way why you fuse. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
bassaddiction Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Not me personally, because I have always thought people are complete idiots to be crawling under a vehicle with no jackstands under it and only raised up due to the hydraulics, but watched a local dude who is full of himself crawl under his hopper and the hose in the rear blew.....whole cars weight came falling down on his chest. He ended up in the hospital for a few days. A lot of weight landing on your chest....no thank you. hey i cant afford jack stands i always thought about getting the Harbor Freight ones but it would probably be worse then just my jack lol anyway i love when people jump there cars backwards and blow there ecu or pump diesel in gas cars.
OrionStang Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Touching the rachet handle to the negative buss bar while tightening the positive one fucking sucked with 4 6500's. Sounded like a gunshot and took a chunk out of each bar, not to mention I about shit myself LOL. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
pa-pa-platypus Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Touching the rachet handle to the negative buss bar while tightening the positive one fucking sucked with 4 6500's. Sounded like a gunshot and took a chunk out of each bar, not to mention I about shit myself LOL. try that with super capacitors charged at 15 volts lol... you won't do it again i promise lmao This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned 151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz 153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz power: dd m4
Ahmed Johnson Posted January 24, 2014 Report Posted January 24, 2014 Let me preface by saying that I was just a witness for this. I watched one of my friends let a crackhead put brakes on his mother's car. He wanted to pocket the rest so we could get some weed and go ride around. Well, the only tool the crackhead had was a wrench. When he was done, there was blood and oil running down his arm and my boy paid the 20 and we dipped. About 30 minutes after the job was done we were on Lake shore drive and his tire fell off and we smacked right in to a super sharp turn on the northside. The only thing hurt was his pride because he couldn't tell his mom why he crashed and that the tire came off the car.
tacomaguy1 Posted January 24, 2014 Report Posted January 24, 2014 Installed DC subs in my ride Lol j/k Team Flex Issues
Awhitewookie Posted January 24, 2014 Report Posted January 24, 2014 Installed DC subs in my ride Lol j/k hahah I clicked on your post to reply and then the "Lol j/k" popped up when I pressed the quote button and changed my post MY BUILD 1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport 1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything Alpine cda-9884 Crescendo CZ components (2) Crescendo bc2000's (2) Jolt 150ah (2) Yellow top optimas (1) Juicebox black cherry addition (1) Mechman 270 avbm miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
pioneerforlife Posted January 24, 2014 Report Posted January 24, 2014 Well, here we go lol -Left a wrench under the hood for a month until it fell out while I was driving. (did that twice) -friend wired his amp backwards then walks inside and leaves me to do the honors lol. -spent 2 weeks building a box only to find out it was too big. -Spent 2 hours running wires through the back of this tweeter pod that sat on the back of my friends rear deck. then mounted it and then thought to myself, shouldn't I have ran the wires through the bottom so you cant see them... -used to have a Boss HU because I didn't have the money to get something better at the time. I was setting my gain on my new amp and I set my ipod down on my amp which somehow caused the AUX port on the HU to ground out which sent the pos Boss up in flames. had to rip my dash apart to get it out. then proceeded to throw the HU which was on fire into the street. 2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback Pioneer HU 4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar. 2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts) Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon) Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400 Sky High and KNU wiring 3 Banks of Maxwell caps Winston Lithium (not a fan) Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log Instagram @p4linnovation YouTube: Team Blowin Loud
FLA813DOVER Posted January 24, 2014 Report Posted January 24, 2014 Well, here we go lol -Left a wrench under the hood for a month until it fell out while I was driving. (did that twice) -friend wired his amp backwards then walks inside and leaves me to do the honors lol. -spent 2 weeks building a box only to find out it was too big. -Spent 2 hours running wires through the back of this tweeter pod that sat on the back of my friends rear deck. then mounted it and then thought to myself, shouldn't I have ran the wires through the bottom so you cant see them... -used to have a Boss HU because I didn't have the money to get something better at the time. I was setting my gain on my new amp and I set my ipod down on my amp which somehow caused the AUX port on the HU to ground out which sent the pos Boss up in flames. had to rip my dash apart to get it out. then proceeded to throw the HU which was on fire into the street. and now we know what the hottest HU in the streets is.....dundun tis 88 ranger xlt ext cab HU. jvc bluetooth/usb deck mids/highs. 2 earthquake 5s. 2 earthquake 6s and 2 Cadence CVLT-60 tweets subs. 2 Addictive audio V4 12s SAZ3000D SAX100.2 alt. 135 amp ford mustang batt. deka G31 1131MF box. 4 cubes 30-34hz rims. black 13x7 100 spokes with chrome knock offs. tires. 155/80r13.milestar touring se real billet grille not a bolt on. HYDROS FINISHED!!!!! 2 pumps 4 batts I get fucked by this old guy at work all the time. MY ASS WILL FOREVER REPRODUCE THE LOWEST AUDIBLE SUB BASS FREQUENCIES KNOWN TO MAN! just because we think it ugly and it sounds like a bucket of smashed assholes. Hanes. And dried jizz. It's better than fatmat
mmets Posted January 24, 2014 Report Posted January 24, 2014 I would guess the dumbest thing I ever did was with one of my old bike. I had a GSXR100 and while I came home from Iraq I drove my bike up to my parents house, about a 1000 mile ride. When I got there I wanted to wash the bike and I couldn't get the buds off my front fairing. So out came the SOS pad and needless to say I had to replace my front fairing from a million scratches. I was an idiot that day.........may be some other days too but I'll leave it at that one. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.