Sundown Audio

cheep koreans amps no good -FI

bdog

:Jim: So now that we know it can happen... is there anyway to resolve or reduce this risk? i.e ferrite cuffs mentioned above? because there is no way in hell the will change how the amps are made anytime soon.

:Jim: So now that we know it can happen... is there anyway to resolve or reduce this risk? i.e ferrite cuffs mentioned above? because there is no way in hell the will change how the amps are made anytime soon.

Litz wire

Heck he saw high freq ringing on his amp. You guys would be amazed what high frequency will do to things.

I've melted 4/0 cable due to high frequency

Mustang if you are still here a MUCH better alternative to larger wire is Litz cable. It's expensive as fvck and hard to find but it will fix any high frequency power issue.

Glad to see there is some intelligence out there.

The FOAD actually is a litz wire, and no, it isn't cheap.

The problem is where the wire connects off of the coil, onto the wire.

That's where you get the skinning effect which turns into an induction heating element.

I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.

I think what isn't being mentioned is that Scott does a ton of r and d IN HOUSE. He sees things other companies may not be seeing because he has access to every step in the manufacturing process. As one of the few if not only company who does everything going IN HOUSE he may be seeing things and have per perceive into things that others don't. While it's not a knock on any company that imports parts they may just not do the same things or see the same things. While I completely agree that names need to be named and hard evidence needs to be shown I've known Scott and Nick long enough to know they aren't going to say something if they don't have proof

I agree with this. However, i've run many amps in this category to my Mayhems, and have yet to have a sub issue, even while abusing the hell out of them. Leads me to believe that the issue could be QC(lmfao) by the Koreans. The amps/components may have high variance from unit to unit, even for the same model amps.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

NICK also mentioned that those not running the Korean amp BELOW half ohm, have nothing to worry about. It seems the below 1 ohm wiring is a big cause of failure.

Ken, did you ever run your setups below 1 ohm that you're referring to?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

NICK also mentioned that those not running the Korean amp BELOW half ohm, have nothing to worry about. It seems the below 1 ohm wiring is a big cause of failure.

Ken, did you ever run your setups below 1 ohm that you're referring to?

this. that I am aware of most of these amps aren't made to go below half an ohm and some not even an ohm. which goes back to user error. just because it will work doesn't mean it will have good results and will start to burn the amp or the sub

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Two RF T4000s on a 15" BTL and a 15" Mayhem with no issue. The noise was measurable on the 3500.1 but no issues or occurrences after an hour of play

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived