BryPfy Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 So finally my 12W3V2-D4 is silent. It's time to step it up a serious notch. Who has suggestions on subs? I was pushing my W3 at 2 ohm & 500w and it was murdering it... now I want blood gushing out my ears, not just drizzling. Who has suggestions? Keep in mind, it would be a far stretch (almost impossible) to get more cubic feet outta my truck, so 1.75 - 2 cubic ft is the magic number. Thanks fellas AudioPfeil 1989 GMC C1500 3300 watts AudioPfeil.com
Smoove Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 Sundown X, 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Karkov Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 Sundown X DOES kill the lows. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
jmanjr82 Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 I dunno that your gonna get blood gushing out of your ears with that space. I do agree though Sundown X
Joe X Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 On the SQ side Fi Q (1500W RMS) and it does hit the lows, also SSA Xcon (1750 RMS) loves the low end.
Seymore Posted February 11, 2014 Report Posted February 11, 2014 I'd say an SQ HDS312, but it won't totally love that airspace...I'd look into a DD2500 12" 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
SnowDrifter Posted February 11, 2014 Report Posted February 11, 2014 How much power do you want to run? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Miguels Posted February 11, 2014 Report Posted February 11, 2014 first you need to find out why it died then fix the reason why it did and finally upgrade my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Ahmed Johnson Posted February 11, 2014 Report Posted February 11, 2014 Are those X's only good for lows? To be more clear, are they good musically?
Seymore Posted February 11, 2014 Report Posted February 11, 2014 It really all depends on the enclosure for it. The subs are built for efficiency, but the port's tuning factor is really where it sets 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.