Jump to content

Work boots, what are you guys wearing?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Worx by redwing is what I'm wearing now. They're expensive. IMO you need to spend money for quality. You pay upfront but get returns on the end. I had a $230 dollar pair of red wings for 3 years. Just depends on what kind of work you do.

Posted

i am wearing keens right now i work in a warehouse kicking pallets throughout the day still haven't managed to put more than a scratch in the toe had them for about 3 months but they are more than $50

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Posted

you aren't going to find a pair of boots worth buying for under 100 bucks.. but alot of it boils down to preference.. and finding the right insole is key!

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Posted

I tossed my Redwings in the garbage, worst boots I ever bought. I know their reputation is great and all, but with the way my feat are shaped they just don't work, after a good 12-16 hour day I could hardly walk after I took them off.

Posted

Redwings and Wolverines were my two favorites, both were steel toe with internal met guards. Right now I got a pair of Thorogoods, I like em.

Caterpillars were the worst boots I've had. Comfortable for the first week then after that they tore my feet up.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

Posted

I have worked as a union carpenter for the last 22 years. I have tried many boots at the beginning. Most hurt my feet by the end of the day. About 15 or so years ago I bought a pair of HI-TEC hiking boots. They are called altitude iv and they are comfortable. They are high top leather so they are fine for construction. I have never been called on my boots not even once. No they are not steel toe but that is not a requirement in my trade so I am good to go. I actually wear a pair as my shoes outside of work. Then when my work boots wear out I take my good ones and they become my work boots and I buy another pair.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 1 Anonymous, 5616 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...