Car Just Died. Annnnd Here We Go.....

Orionstang,

I have been down this road with ford before so maybe with what i provide, it can help you. I have always held you as a SMD member in high respect and love your car so i am only trying to help. (I own 2 mustangs)

You really need to find out what caused the motor to lock-up. That is going to be the determining factor of weather ford can accept or deny your warranty claim. If it was the oil pump (as you think it is) that malfunctioned due to a defect, then ford is required by federal law to replace the motor. Plain and simple.

I did a little bit of research on your 2010 mustang and found the warranty information booklet that should of came with it. If you can not get anywhere with the dealership, it says to use the BBB auto-line for disputes before attempting a lawsuit.

I think the best thing to do at this moment is to have it towed to the dealership so they can look and see what is wrong (like its not obvious), have them state it in their own words on paper. Need to get the mobile mechanic that you called to write down a written statement of what he did and his diagnosis of the car ( also need to get his credentials on paper). Hopefully, Ford will be able to determine what was the cause of the engine seizing and that would need to be placed on paper. They can not deny the warranty claim based off of a properly installed kenne bell supercharger ( as N8 said, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act comes in here).

Engine may have to be broken down to find out what the cause of the seizing was (if you are not capably of this yourself, then it would be a expense out of your pocket to have somebody do it). hate to say it but it may be best to have ford ( hate there prices) tear down the motor to find out the root cause of the issue or have a very reputable shop tear it down to find out. That way it is coming from somebody who is a certified mechanic

I wish you the best of luck but i am afraid you are in for one hell of a fight with Ford. I am good at doing research and providing whatever information i can find on a subject. I just did some minor work on my 4.6 SOHC 2v and i am having no choice but to rebuild it come this fall.

Overall, the best thing you can do is to always remain polite and professional whenever you have to deal with them. If for whatever reason you cant get them to warranty it out, usually you can get them to pay for half/partial part of a replacement (valued at the time of break down. not counting any performance modifications)

Here is some of the information that i found that may be of useful to you or whoever else may need it (god help them if they do)

Kenne bell stances on Dealer warranty.

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/warranty.htm

SEMA information about warranty denied. (kennebell.net ask you to go there also, this just saves you time)

( this is probably the best information i have found about laws dealing with dealerships and aftermarket parts)

http://www.bipac.net/page.asp?content=warranty_denied&g=semaga

2010 Ford mustang GT warranty information book. ( PDF file. PDF page 10 is the meat of the details)

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/10frdwa4e.pdf

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

Thanks for the long write-up, but i've already got all the mechanics statement, a letter on the way from KB (they are local to me), and the sections of the Magnuson-Moss laws that pertain here. I also have the video of the car breaking down while at idle at a redlight, and will probably request a letter from the installer of the KB (authorized dealer and installer). The motor will have to be pulled to verify the cause of the seize and what actually broke. If I have to pay initially for that, i'll recover those fee's later when/if it does indeed fall under warranty.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

sucks that this happened man, but I'd be very wary of taking it to ford to tear out the motor....I wouldn't put it passed them to figure out what's wrong and tell you something different so they didn't have to pay. I'd definitely go to a neutral mechanic

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Finally spoke to someone that has some kind of sense. I explained to him the laws under the Magnuson-Moss act and we came to an agreement that if the oil pump did fail, the engine would be covered. On the other hand, if a piston or rod broke due to detonation, it probably was caused by boost. Fair enough.

He is currently trying to get the car towed in and diagnosed for no charge. What he says when he calls me back will determine if I give it to them or take it to another shop to tear down.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Only took 5 days.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived