Superj Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 Hi folks- Looking for some help with subwoofer options for the following box. Background: the Box will be going in a pickup and that is why there is little flexibility. I have gone back an forth on what to do. Decided to come get some expert help. I really only see these three options working in the space I have: Largest sealed 1.9 cubic ft Largest ported 1.3 cubic ft 36 hz 18 sq inches of port area Low tuned ported 1.1 cubic ft 30 hz 18 sq inches of port area No 12 inch subs due to baffle width Thanks
Smoove Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 Needs more blowthrough 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Joe X Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 I'd say option B easily (for a single 10"), in small cabins you don't need to tune that low as cabin gain will help lifting up the bottom end, maybe go to 35Hz. Since is just a single 10" try to get something worthy.
john253a Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 2off X8 in 1.3net @36 on pre order if not 2off sa8 how much power and how much you want to spend as the e8 is a monster of 8" sub on a budget
Joe X Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 SA-8 mounting depth is more than many 10" so who knows and extra displacement and amp power apply, still maybe I'd try 2 E8s.
timc31610 Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 SD-10? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
bighossf150 Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 a dc xl 10" in the 1.1 cube box would be a beast or 2 ampere audio aa2.5 8"s, my singlr aa 8 impressed the hell out of me Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Superj Posted April 2, 2014 Author Report Posted April 2, 2014 Thanks for all the replies! The amp I have currently is a alpine mrx Mono 650@4ohms 1100@2ohms I am open to a new amp but, I'm trying not to go crazy with power. I do not want to have to change the alternator or add a battery. The sundown E's look very interesting. I had not considered them. I'm coming off a ported 12" type r and am trying to get close to that sound level with better accuracy in my new constraints.
boom50cal Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 Where are you located at? I have a Fi SSD 10 and a box that matches it I'm trying to get rid off. 1.24 cubes, tuned to 32hz. I can post that box design also, if you would like. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Superj Posted April 3, 2014 Author Report Posted April 3, 2014 For running 2 ev3's is there a problem with only 18 sq in of port area?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.