Sonic Electronix

DO YOU PURCHASE MOBILE AUDIO PRODUCTS ONLINE, AND IF SO WHY?

MOBILE AUDIO ONLINE PURCHASES  

171 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU LOOK TO SEE IF THE ONLINE STORE IS AN AUTHORIZED DEALER?

2. 2. HOW MANY RETAIL LOCAL BRICK AND MORTAR STORES DID YOU VISIT BEFORE MAKING YOUR PURCHASE ONLINE?

3. 3. WHY DID YOU PURCHASE ONLINE

• PRICE
    • WASN'T AVAIALBE/INSTOCK LOCALLY
    • FAST SHIPPING
  4. 4. WOULD YOU HAVE PURCHASED LOCALLY IF IT WAS IN STOCK BUT COST A LITTLE MORE?

• YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $10 MORE
    • YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $20 MORE
    • YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $30 MORE
    • NO, NOT UNLESS THE STORE SOLD FOR THE SAME PRICE AS ONLINE
  5. 5. IF YOUR LOCAL STORE MATCHED THE ONLINE PRICE, BUT DIDN'T HAVE IT IN STOCK WOULD YOU STILL PURCHASE LOCALLY?

• YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN 2 DAYS OR LESS
    • YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN 3 DAYS OR LESS
    • YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN A WEEK OR LESS
    • NO
  6. 6. WHAT IS THE MAIN REASON FOR NOT MAKING YOUR PURCHASE LOCALLY?

• PRODUCT NOT IN STOCK
    • PRICE
    • CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    • LOCAL SHOP DOESN'T ADVERTISE SALES/SPECIALS

It seems like my local dealer is more interested selling push button starters and super cheap alpine decks with install for 200$. Lol.

A co-workers son just bought a cheap HU to the tune of $70-$80 and had the place install it, paid 300 when all was said and done, so yea, install is a bitch....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 3 weeks later...

good local shops are rare for me, or I dont know where they are. I found one good shop but they are in the next state over. Not a huge deal but I don't always have time to go there. Also I don't want to pay 6-7% tax on a brick and motor purchase for sometimes $1000+ which is already marked up from the price online(usually). For some delicate things or something I feel I need some guidance on I will seek out a local shop.

Back in the late 80's and 90's up to 2000 i lived in the B&M stores. The internet killed B&M stores, i used to go to one about twice a week just to look around. 1998 was the last time i bought from B&M stores most of that stuff got stolen, i swore i'll never pay that much for car audio for someone else to steal.

Brand new Alpine CD $450+ Sound Sensation

Rockford power 800( wasn't even out had to wait a mth to get it) $750 Radioactive Audio

rockford punch 600x4 $300 Best buy

audio control epiccenter $150 Hi Fi Buys

4 orion xtr 12''s $500 T&M audio

the punch 1/2 fard cap $75. radio active audio

Everythin was stolen but the radio and subs

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

Im overseas in Japan currently and as it stands most good equipment isn't cheap. but over here your average rockford fosgate amp goes for almost twice the retail rice. I guess because its an import. but still... and I don't even wanna talk about batteries.

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

I have only one shop in my area and they only carry a few brands. They are knowledgeable in the product they carry and are a bit biases but not complete fucktards. I spend alot of money there back in the early 2000's and I had full access to their shop and anything I needed. If they carried the products I wanted I would gladly buy it there as long as the price was comparable to whats online. I'm willing to spend up to $50 more to get it locally and get now instead of waiting for shipping and having a chance of it getting damaged/stolen.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

The only decent shop that is near where I live only sells Memphis and JL, and act like they're the greatest brands ever. Not trying to offend anyone that likes those brands, but there just not my favorite and the shop has marked up everything so much it's ridiculous. If they had a wider variety of brands, better prices, and a little more knowledge of electronics I would probably by products from them.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

What about a part where the local shop is full of idiots and i wouldn't let them near my car to take pictures not less do any installing. Therefore i buy online to save myself the hassle of dealing with said idiots and paying the same price anyways.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

I would love to support local guys but they dont carry my brands or are 50% higher on brands i might buy. I drove 200 miles toa shop that had what I wanted. And Charged decent. If you overcharge or sell whats on the net for less I dont know how you stay in buisness.

2002 Forester

Alpine INE-W927HD, Hertz Mille Legend 3 way 2 DC Level 6's,Bit One Audio , Audison Voce Due and Quattro, 4 Twisted Sounds 3.5K, 8 G31 Batteries, DC Power XP 270 Alternator. All Sky High OFC wire.

Archived