C-pillar wall thoughts.

Nice to see you doing it. Very interested to see how musical it's going to be, haven't personally heard a lot of C pillar walls. This is the next move in my Blazer, so I'll be following. You going to post up here or start a build log?

Also, if you had two vertical rows of 4 Minotaurs angled at like 45 degrees each (up and down, not side to side), it would look SICK, especially if you could figure out some sort of floating mount for them. Actually, shouldn't be that hard the way the Zeds mount. I was thrown by that at first, but I much prefer it now that I've worked with it.

Not sure how well 8 of them are going to mount in that area. I definitely imagine doing something like you mentioned but we'll see what it looks like when the batteries are in and the back is on the box. Something tells me that space limitations will have me very limited on mounting options though.

I'll probably update here as I go unless mods tell me otherwise. I haven't taken nearly as many pictures as I'd like and without anybody here to help me I won't be able to take many as I continue.

I've only seen the he acura, but the wall in that is SOLID, felt like I was hitting a brick wall.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

I've only seen the he acura, but the wall in that is SOLID, felt like I was hitting a brick wall.

Exactly. The results speak for themselves and I pay attention to some of the unorthodox methods he has mentioned that seem to work.

Exactly. The results speak for themselves and I pay attention to some of the unorthodox methods he has mentioned that seem to work.

yes they do, since you know keith I'm assuming your in ri? you make it out to any shows?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

I don't doubt that what you're doing will be strong, it's just that I don't consider chip board very user friendly. I can't imagine what its like to try and finish the surfaces.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

im in for this ;-)

ivsmd.png

06 Trailblazer ss

2 Team shok industries tsx 18s
Phoenix Gold ''THE ONE''
2 Phoenix gold 800.4
4 crescendo mp6.
2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/

I think your missing the point.

Just because someone else has done something and it works okay for him, doesnt mean the same is going to happen for you.

Just looking at his jeep it peaking in the 60hz region, its a burp vehicle i know a hand full of people here in WI that can do that on a burp, and some that do those numbers on music.

Doesnt mean to go out and follow everything they say.

His wall is layered, not no 2-3 layers of chip board if that is what he used. Your talking 8-10 layers in spots I bet if not more.

You layer anything that many times its going to get solid feeling. Now all the time to finish it, smooth it out, make it look nice. All that bondo, sanding, painting just to get a uniform surface.

But hey the wood is cheap right!

The thing is you dont have the room for multiple layers, your already talking about having to risk more box volume for port volume.

Chipboard, that easily 6 layers thick for a walls shell, and I just dont see you doing that.

But ehh not my money :D

Question: Why chip board?

It was recommended by a guy in my area who uses it in his builds. His accura (daily driver) does 156's with a pair of 15's and his Jeep does 65's with a pair of 18's. His logic is that Advantech flooring is the only OSHA approved 3/4" material for 24" studs so it must be solid, and it's much more weather resistant than MDF. The question was brought up in another thread and apart from hearsay nobody really made a compelling argument against it.
Bro, I would have not used particle board (chip board) for this build.

Good Luck ...

Nice to see you doing it. Very interested to see how musical it's going to be, haven't personally heard a lot of C pillar walls. This is the next move in my Blazer, so I'll be following. You going to post up here or start a build log?

Also, if you had two vertical rows of 4 Minotaurs angled at like 45 degrees each (up and down, not side to side), it would look SICK, especially if you could figure out some sort of floating mount for them. Actually, shouldn't be that hard the way the Zeds mount. I was thrown by that at first, but I much prefer it now that I've worked with it.

Yea, kinda figured you'd be interested in seeing those Zeds ... They do look nice.

I'd take them over that JBL anyday.

Just saying ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived