WTF that's so lame

Is there a way to escalate it further? Maybe get them on the phone?

No fucking way! I have heard ebay and paypal usually always lean towards the buyers side of things I just don't understand why in the hell they would this time. That sucks something awful but I would just use it as a learning experience and I would never use ebay to sell again.

Call eBay phone support.... tell Achamed and Veerjay I said hello. Of course they'll tell you their name is "Sam" or "Mark" or something but you can almost smell the curry and feet when they answer the phone.

eBay is heavily weighted in favor of buyers, this is why the only people who sell there are rookies who don't realize how easy it is to get burned, or professionals that figure in their rate of being scammed as a cost of doing business.

Good luck, OP, but I can tell you eBay is horrible. I sell very high volumes and have done so for well over a decade and I don't get any better treatment than you when some 1 feedback douchebag files a dispute.

*EDIT*

eBay doesn't give a shit about you. You're either a professional seller and they have you by the balls or you're someone that may only sell one or two things a year and they don't care about you. The care about attracting BUYERS. If that means allowing merchants to be easily scammed, no skin off their nose, they still get paid and they have a total monopoly on a HUGE marketplace and know it.

OK just got off of the phone. First person I spoke to was like, it's broken so they want a refund what's the problem. I uhm, politely redirect the person with strong tone but good word choice and highlighted that it was broken AFTER THE USER GOT IT. I then apologized for my tone and explained that the situation is where my problem is and not with them directly. Was on hold, they actually read the notes and then escalated the call to ebay disputes.

I explained the situation and disputes was like, yeah, that's crazy, that shouldn't happen. Was on hold for a while while the agent reviewed the case. She came back on the line and explained that yeah this was an error. After the case is completed they will have to readdress the problem and refund my money.

• So the customer gets a refund.
  • I get my money back (in theory at this point)
  • I should end up with a broken screen iPad (?)

**Anyone want to buy an iPad 2 with a cracked screen cheap?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Hope it does in fact get resolved favorably.

As a former Gold Power Seller I can offer a little bit of advice for future sales.

Leave a disclaimer on your auction listing that states the following:

*Item sold As-Is with no guarantee or warranty.

*Fragile Item - Insurance is highly recommended & available at buyer's expense. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING DAMAGE.

*Video diary of item's condition as listed, as well as shipping will be kept for protection of buyer and seller.

Then make sure you do what was said. A simple 30 second video showing a working device and any existing damage will save you in situations like this. Taking photos/video as you package it for shipping is extra insurance.

Ill give you a dollar

plus shipping

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Archived