Second Skin Audio

Fi SP4 subwoofer enclosure sizes?!?!?!?

drumstar7

Sometimes people just need to make mistakes in order to learn..

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

How do you know when you are a half power?

You can run an amp at its full rated power if you set it up right.

Match gains, Use my SMD tools that I purposely bought for this cause. Back to the Topic, Im not concerned about that. I gotta get this enclosure issue resovled man.

Where do we start?

-Sub thermal and mechanical power handling

-That enclosure idea

-Your subpar electrical setup

My electrical? Im sure its okay. Mechman 370 Elite 6 phase with two runs of 1/0 and three HC1800 batts enough? Doubt I dip that bad, I may at most get a regulator from MM.
Wait, that's for the 2 5500s at 1 ohm each? Ehh..
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Actually, the woofers should be fine on a 5500 each. It is highly very unlikely he will he able to pull 1200A with three 1800's,also very unlikely for him to even sit at 1ohm while playing music. I will easily admit though, one badly recorded song or square wave will take those sub's out in a quick manner.

Its a topic for discussion. WHat tool tells you when you hit half power?

Im not picking pepper out of fly feces here. It's not complicated neither. You can match amp gains right? you can find a clipping point and back it off to "around half power or even less!! Dude if my subs are not sharing airspace then having them exact isn't even an issue ... as long as nothing is clipping then (yet again) no issues. Half power is more less saying im not going full throttle on these subs. Im not going to try and fin an exact set of numbers and graphs and try to derive EXACT half power. YA DIG!! Why are stuck on that? Why can't you offer some actual useful input? Im not trying to be a D$*%&head just bc the forum header say's N()()b I have a clue of what im doing. I still like sharing ideas on stuff and creative input is helpful. If I was looking for a Pi$$ing competition id just ask but OKAY ill try different forums, this one has no useful input on a sub box. mb winisd or something like that would be great for a square box but I got a few angle that are not exactly square.

Where do we start?

-Sub thermal and mechanical power handling

-That enclosure idea

-Your subpar electrical setup

My electrical? Im sure its okay. Mechman 370 Elite 6 phase with two runs of 1/0 and three HC1800 batts enough? Doubt I dip that bad, I may at most get a regulator from MM.
Wait, that's for the 2 5500s at 1 ohm each? Ehh..

If I do start dipping I can always add. As for now I think its okay.

Actually, the woofers should be fine on a 5500 each. It is highly very unlikely he will he able to pull 1200A with three 1800's,also very unlikely for him to even sit at 1ohm while playing music. I will easily admit though, one badly recorded song or square wave will take those sub's out in a quick manner.

Do you think the 3500's would be any safer? I think I'd have to "crank" them damn near clipping to move those subs. Which is why the 5500's would be okay for me bc I can set them a bit lower and run them cooler.. Also not sharing airspace they'd be fine IMO.

Archived