Sonic Electronix

Best bang for the buck brands?

Hasn't been mentioned yet but Soundstream has some very reasonably priced amps and sub's that can get quite loud.

there seems to be a lot of hostility towards Soundstream in every audio community though. used to have 1 of their 4 channel amps and it seemed pretty good so i dunno

It's pretty much all junk and really doesn't belong with the other brands that have been listed. You could rank that with Audiopipe, Lanzar, and Hifonics. Buy with a warranty, have reasonable expectations, and don't plan on much resale value.

IMO.. Populus and Nendo for amps.. Maybe even taramps

PRV and Nendo for mids and highs

SoundQubed, Dss, SSA, and tantric for subs

MiniDSP for sound processor

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Old school sound stream back in the day was good. today's stuff not as good. And bang for your buck depends on what you plan on doing.

bang for your buck sealed?

bang for your buck ported?

bang for your buck 4th order?

bang for your buck 6th order?

bang for your buck horn?

many subs perform better in different enclosures

Just buy Rockford Fosagate, Sundown and Fi and Alpine HU's. Anything else is a waste of time.

In before LOCK :)

Surprised no one has said Precision Power.

If it's not the old school Art series, than it doesn't count.

And lol at Rockford being a budget brand, $1600 for a 2500w amp?

Rockford and Sundown are my go to's.

And from my only test of a soundqubed amp so far...i wasn't that impressed. It certainly wasn't bad, but just nothing super impressive either.

i wouldnt say sundown is a good for the money brand though. their subs and especially their amps are in the higher priced arena, no matter how good they get.

I personally feel the quality you get for the price is far superior to most competitors...

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Just buy Rockford Fosagate, Sundown and Fi and Alpine HU's. Anything else is a waste of time.

In before LOCK :)

Seriously?..........................

Lmao!!

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

Hasn't been mentioned yet but Soundstream has some very reasonably priced amps and sub's that can get quite loud.

there seems to be a lot of hostility towards Soundstream in every audio community though. used to have 1 of their 4 channel amps and it seemed pretty good so i dunno

It's pretty much all junk and really doesn't belong with the other brands that have been listed. You could rank that with Audiopipe, Lanzar, and Hifonics. Buy with a warranty, have reasonable expectations, and don't plan on much resale value.

Actually Soundstream is much better than the crap that is made by these companies. Sure most of their equipment isn't as good as Sundown, but they have some pretty decent stuff that is priced very well. I'm sure your opinion on their merchandise comes from no actual real experience with it either. Steve Mick used to run all Soundstream equipment and may still run their amps but I'm not sure. He was only the loudest bassracer in the world at one time and loved their products. He wasn't even using their top of the line amps either.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Actually Soundstream is much better than the crap that is made by these companies. Sure most of their equipment isn't as good as Sundown, but they have some pretty decent stuff that is priced very well. I'm sure your opinion on their merchandise comes from no actual real experience with it either. Steve Mick used to run all Soundstream equipment and may still run their amps but I'm not sure. He was only the loudest bassracer in the world at one time and loved their products. He wasn't even using their top of the line amps either.

The only Soundstream amp I've put to the test was a 2500 W Amp that was only able to produce 1500 W on an AMM-1.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Archived