Things you hate when giving/getting a demo?

Guys that dirty up your car. I try to keep my shit clean. I get some grass or whatever will get tracked in, but for God's sakes at least pretend you give a shit that you're in someone else's car and treat it with a little respect.

THIS!

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

Believe it or not, I used to have people at the gas station and whatnot ask for demos because they saw my back seat down and saw the subs, and occasionally that shit got aggravating. And what the fuck are you looking through my windows for? Especially at night when you basically have to purposely get closer and look? That's the only way people could've known, cause I didn't bump in parking lots.

Other than that, most of what was stated above. I got tired of my now ex girlfriend riding with me, because she'd constantly play radio DJ and pick what she wanted to listen to, plug in her iPod, turn the subs all the way down because she "got tired of hearing nothing but bass" (no subs = nothing below 80hz = incomplete sound profile, fuck off with that shit), or she'd turn the subs all the way up after I just toned them down a little to suit the music we were listening to. "Oh, you loved them so much a few minutes ago. What? You get tired of them?" Yeah. I did love them. When I was paying bass music. Now we're listening to metal and don't need as much bass. Again, fuck off with that shit.

In getting demos, I'd have to say getting a demo from someone that just won't stop talking afterwards is my biggest pet peeve. I don't need an hour long "summary" of your build. I saw it, heard it, and felt it. That's good enough for me.

Edit - the ex gf and giving demos part applies to my Malibu. Don't have a build in derpy yet.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

I'm a 20-30sec demo guy. It's a demonstration. Not a nightclub. On that same token... I don't need more than 20-30sec of yours either, really. But if you want an SQ demo... I'll leave you the keys and you can sit in there all day if you want.

I don't *give* a ton of demos because I'm mainly an SPL guy (as opposed to daily) so I don't have a long list of things that bother me about giving them, but one thing is... shirtless guys. Like... it's 127* out here and you're sweating like a slave, bro. I know my truck is old and beat up, but I'd rather you not use it as a back sweat sponge.

Getting demos... it's all good. Do your thing, but do you mind if I rip those super tweeters out real quick and beat you to death with them? Because now that I'm deaf from the intro, I won't even be able to hear the drop. Kthanx!!

Getting nervous and shaky hands. I don't have a problem interacting with strangers and talking audio with them, but as soon as I get in the truck it's like I'm about have a panic attack. I guess its the anxiety of waiting to see their reaction, to see if all of my work will be liked or just shrugged off.

Or, when some chump says "oh man play this song, it hits hard", they hand me their iPod or whatever, and it sounds like a 60hz square wave.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

When you go start a song and the bass hits... and you realize you didn't turn your subs on, minor setback though. Example below:

http://youtu.be/wdOweB7XYCA?list=UU_uCoOnER_E2AXbifxYS9uw

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

Giving- touching speakers and shit. Jumping around on the seat.. Like...wtf!?

After 30min+ of demos.. Things are warm.. Do t get butt hurt when I say I'm letting things cool/recharge So I can do it all over again.. Come find me then.

Receiving. 20sec demos.. What's the purpose? Didn't you build it to play music? Do you only play 20sec full tilt all the time? Find a happy medium between breaking shit and not loud.

fairly certain you've given me a 10+ minute demo before and i nearly had to poop afterwards. those 40hz+ songs man, they're rough in your truck.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

I was going to give a demo at this local car audio shop and before I could give the demo 2 of the installers said their boy had the loudest car in town. Well since that was the second shop I heard that quote from I told them to call him up and have him come over. he showed up bumping his shit and got out very cocky asking me what I got for him. He didn't even sit in just stood outside while I knocked the outdoor ceiling lights from the shop down. He was done and didn't even play his shit anymore so I could hear it. He did say come tax time he was coming for me but that was 7 months ago....

No System......GFY

Where I live, not many people have no idea what DC audio is. So when I give demos they ask what subs I have and I tell them "2 DC auido level 6 12s" they are always just like "oh" in dissapointment. I am sorry I don't run kicker and my 2 12s are louder then your 4 15s.

Archived