Sundown Audio

Thoughts on Ampere Audio's new 8.0 tfe amp

vetkilr01

please tell me that the tfe stands for tayllor fade edition. if not im starting that rumor

Makes sense to me..
it does

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

People just find things to bitch about. Complain if its underrated, complain if its overrated. LMAO And if you buy a 8k and it makes 10k and blows up your subs you have no business running this size amp. Anyone that spends over 1000 bucks on a single amp should be smart enough to clamp it and see what its doing. This is just my opinion.

After someone has actually spent the money on electrical to run this monster, (huge alt(s), large battery bank, tons of runs of cable) surely they have spent a couple hundred bucks on a DMM and Clamp RMS meter to actually understand whats going on in their ride.

BTW my 7500.1's are 12v beasts, (did 8k at 12.05v) I can only imagine having a couple of these. Ampere is doing shit right!!

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

People just find things to bitch about. Complain if its underrated, complain if its overrated. LMAO And if you buy a 8k and it makes 10k and blows up your subs you have no business running this size amp. Anyone that spends over 1000 bucks on a single amp should be smart enough to clamp it and see what its doing. This is just my opinion.

After someone has actually spent the money on electrical to run this monster, (huge alt(s), large battery bank, tons of runs of cable) surely they have spent a couple hundred bucks on a DMM and Clamp RMS meter to actually understand whats going on in their ride.

BTW my 7500.1's are 12v beasts, (did 8k at 12.05v) I can only imagine having a couple of these. Ampere is doing shit right!!

I would like for you or anyone for that matter to answer this one simple question. If it clearly does 10k at 12v, why not rate it at 10k? What is the point at rating it at 8k or putting 8.0 in the name? Answer that and I'll shut up.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Who complains about getting more for their money? Not that anyone using an 8k on their substage I worried about sq but an underrated amp gives you dynamic headroom. Don't think that's a bad thing or hard to understand.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I would like for you or anyone for that matter to answer this one simple question. If it clearly does 10k at 12v, why not rate it at 10k? What is the point at rating it at 8k or putting 8.0 in the name? Answer that and I'll shut up.

Re read TAYLORS post AGAIN.

It did 8kish at one ohm resistive. CLEAN. At 13ish volt.

If you can provide more, IT WILL DO MORE. It's not rocket science.

It's rated, excactly where it should be.

It's called 8.0 for a reason. Because that's where I would "certify" it with the way that I test and on the electrical that I would use it on.

It's not just a made up nomenclature for marketing.

This is 8,000w clean at 1 ohm resistive and at very close to rated voltage.

8DC91AA4-51B9-4E3E-AF41-3993CACD80D0_zps

It just happens to do more if you have enough juice to support 1,000+A of draw and keep it over 12.8v. Personally... I like to know what amps do at 12v battery voltages.

Re read TAYLORS post AGAIN.

It did 8kish at one ohm resistive. CLEAN. At 13ish volt.

If you can provide more, IT WILL DO MORE. It's not rocket science.

It's rated, excactly where it should be.

So who's making the bogus claims about it doing 10k then?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Archived