Sundown Audio

Thoughts on Ampere Audio's new 8.0 tfe amp

vetkilr01

I read Tfades post.

Not arguing.

Not everyone hooks up their sub amps with head room to spare. lol

I'm not real sure in all the ways it was tested but I think people are partially getting at the point of how it's *possibly* just not rated how all other amp companies rate theirs. I could very well be wrong. I will never own one so I don't really care. Just trying to wrap my head around all that is getting said in this thread and see everyone's point all the while attempting to understand everything. lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

There were amps rated at 12 watts that did 1200 plus. Just saying

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

There is a bit of confusion on the output. But I can assure you that the rating isn't a joke or a marketing ploy.

To address Steve's comment really quickly... I wasn't insinuating or recommending playing the amp with the truck off on batts only. Very few people have 1,000A+ of alternator support. So regardless of whether the vehicle is running, 12.8v is an EXTREMELY likely scenario. People also use amplifiers for music and not burps. Most output tests are of burst power; and that's fine to see what an amp is capable of. But my testing was to see where shit settled out. I turned the amp loose at 1 ohm on a 300A alt and (5) Group 31's batteries and watched AC and DC voltage. I saw 8k clean after voltage drop and the numbers settled out.

Some might say that a single alt and (5) batts isn't enough for this amp. But 200A per G31 and a beefy alt is not all that unrealistic. And that is the max allowable electrical for the class I intended to run so whatever.

Furthermore... I personally like to see "rated" power when wired nominally to rated impedance. Not wiring for fire and hoping I RISE to rated impedance to get the power that I paid for.

I'd call this truth in marketing. Not just... marketing. Buy an "8k" that claims 8k@1, wire to 1 ohm and actually get 8k? Sounds lovely to me.

Hold on we need to address the elephant in the room. If that tfe doesn't stand for Taylor fade edition I'm gonna be bent

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived