Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi bassheads!

Just got a new daily driver, and have some plans for it. Its a 1996 Jeep Xj 2,5TD.

cherokeeen_zps7a2f97f8.jpg

Here are some of the equipment thats going into this build:

Power:

- 2x XS D3400

- LIB 0 gauge wiring

Amps:

- Hertz hdp4

- LIB 3500.1

Speakers:

- 4x Hertz sv165.1

- 2x Hertz ST44 tweeters

Subwoofers:

- 8x LIB 808

Missing a headunit and some hardware. Bigger alternator is on the to buy list.

Started with the door panels, its the first time I have built something like this so its not perfect but ok.

Stock vs Upgrade..

20141101_145536_zps22370bc3.jpg

20141101_135318_zpsa2284696.jpg

20141101_143628_zps90b29c11.jpg

I had no idea what design I wanted.. so it was some thinking and some coffee

20141101_150234_zps979d5d8b.jpg

20141101_213859_zpsb5071fc7.jpg

20141102_103507_zps79b65953.jpg

20141102_150613_zpsebc780c1.jpg

20141103_183336_zpsa960a549.jpg

Wrapped in black carpet

20141105_182541_zps9fcc29b8.jpg

20141105_182600_zpsb216c3ee.jpg

20141105_182649_zps8ab56abf.jpg

20141105_191830_zpsf264327e.jpg

... over to the bass. I have not started anything here yet, still in the planning. I'm thinking of a clamshell style box. Made some sketchup pics of what I think it will be looking like. Any positive / negative feedback about this style? I've heard that port tuning is a bit difficult on this type of box..

bassboxa_zps57e9ff58.jpg

bassboxa2_zpsc187dfbe.jpg

:popcorn:

20140424_173608_zps1e097cd2.jpg

20140424_173630_zps5ac9d175.jpg

to be continued!...

Posted

Can't say I have ever seen the subs mounted to the port walls. I don't know enough to discredit this move, interesting...

Edit: unless it's a 4th, but your design sure don't look like a 4th lol

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

the subs facing each other might cause cancelation, but I've never played with a design like that so take with plenty of salt

otherwise looking great so far, door pods are clean and anyone who can wrap carpet like that has some skill.... or gorilla hands haha

Posted

Lots of 8s, interested.....

Also this for some reason... :TMNT:

The L@zy Hoe

 

 

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

 

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

 

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

 
Posted

You've got my attention. I'm planning on putting 4 8s on 2400w in mine, and doing something similar with my door panels.

I can dig it :good:

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????


That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Posted

Not saying that the subs facing each other in the port is bad since I really don't know, but why would you want to do that?

Posted

Looks awesome so far! As far as the box goes, I posted a few months back a similar idea here on the forum and never got any yes/no answer. It is similar to several tunnel enclosures where the subs are in the port. I say try it and see.

Posted

This is different... Go on.. :good:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1896 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...