Can a rear end wreck cause a amp to go out weeks later? For Progressive Insurance need real answeres.

At least you and your hard work came out alright. Its one of those things that they may fight you on replacing, since it went out 2 weeks later. It may be hard to prove what exactly caused it fail, but if its physical damage to the board it's easy to blame the wreck.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

Far as I am concerned she or the Insurance Company is paying.

ok

thats what i was trying to get at.

Imho your gonna have a lil battle saying. ... that that wreck, made your coffee not taste right 2 weeks later..

but.....if the "other" is at fault, then do something... for sure.

-wreck caused hairline crack in board/loosened components

-daily driving/listening since then caused problem to worsen (audio gear would normally stand up to this)

-gear broke due to damage from crash

That's how I could possibly see it anyway, though I can't say I'm right or not. Just an idea.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

if the crash was hard enough to break the amp weeks later more than likely the car wasnt in operating condition.. how the hell did you kept listening to it daily for the coarse of a few weeks??

You would've been better off to use your own words with the insurance company to get this dealt with, instead of coming on here and asking people to give you advice whether or not you should commit potential fraud.

I mean people do things like that all the time, I've seen people get dents in the side of their car and their cracked front bumper fixed from a minor rear end collision.

Is what it is. You can make your own decision on whether or not that damaged it and you're going to pursue it, and the insurance company will come to their own conclusion about it.

However if you're going to commit to the fraud, and you haven't blown it already, might as well go all the way and don't mention that you beat on it daily for 2 weeks afterwards.

I won't judge you for it, just thought I'd voice the above :)

Imo it is plausible that components inside the amplifier especially if it was mounted in the trunk area, could have weakened and failed after that fact.

Is it likely? If it was a significant impact, id say yes. If you can't mount your amp on a box for fear of rattling apart, i could easily see a car crash causing similar effects.

On the other hand for lesser impacts, maybe not.

I would just tell tge truth. If you honestly think the impact killed your amp, tell them that. If youre up front about it, its up to them to make the call.

Certainly make and support you reasonings, but theres no reason to try and "reach". If its at all plausible, you have a case.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I would send the amp to a repair place and have them determine what went wrong with it and submit the report to your insurance company.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

That's a decent idea. If a repair shop were to support your claim, youd be in good shape imo. I wouldn't initially send it, without first speaking the your insurance. Maybe offer to have it looked at, but your insurrance may cover it without that. To add to that, many repair centers take a good bit of time, possibly taking to long for the insurance. Especially if they dont even look at your amp for 2-3weeks.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Did the amp play after the wreck?

then you are gonna have to "lie a bit"

i mean, .. what made the amp fail, could have happened 3 days before the wreck.

You know that big pot hole......

sooooo if your gonna try and bull shit them... THEN BULLSHIT THEM.

Archived