Need some computer protection

For some reason my computer lately has been "crashing". aka i turn the computer on, log in, and just get a black screen. Whats the best, free, way to protect my computer? Should be a easy question for you nerds ;)

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

sound more like a computer fault rather than a software fault to me..... if your running windows and have an install disk, try run that and click on repair existing install and it'll search for any missing stuff and install it back in, this way you wont loose everything on your system.(tis what i do n e ways)

try booting in safe mode first to see if you can even get to the desktop. Then you can try to get glary utilities to help with general computer issues, spybot to help with spyware/malware, and a free version of malwarebytes antimalware or a trial version. Then purchase good security software. I personally use eset smart security. I decided on that by having malware that infected my system, formatted my harddrive and then in that process deleted itself. However, I used GetDataBack to recover my deleted harddrive, and then used 12 different security programs to scan the harddrive. At the time Eset Nod 32 was what the program was called and it was the only program that actually identified the issue. I ave been a loyal customer of theirs ever since.

Backing up and wiping your data should be a last resort. Granted with windows 7, it basically just copies all of your hdd into a folder during reinstall, unless you format the hdd first. Which if you do reinstall, you can always use a security program to scan the windows.old file system to see if it finds a virus or something.

Glary Utilities and Spybot are both free and amazing programs. I personally use the paid version of glary utilities, but the free version does great as well for general people. You need to get and utilize both of those programs. Malwarebytes anti-malware is probably the best malware program available and it also searches for rootkits and like spybot has real time protection. If you buy a security suite, I suggest eset, its affordable and is one of the best all in one packages you can buy.

I personally use all of these programs as well as a few others that such as an active defragger for my non-ssd harddrives as well as a program that actively just keeps general stuff under control like double folders, empty folders, things like that.

Worse case, before a reinstall of the OS, I use something called the Ultimate Boot CD, it is an amazing tool for people that need to work on computers. It can even bypass passwords and give you root access on any system without the need to know coding and all that jazz. I used it to help a friend get her computer back after her ex stole everything and changed all the info and such.

If I am not mistaken, I have given you similar information in another thread a few years back, LOL. I think I even emailed you some of the free security programs. I only remember because your only an hour or so away from me. I remember the Indiana guys easier.

As someone who knows nothing about computer security I'll be listening intently........

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

As someone who knows nothing about computer security I'll be listening intently........

N8 you could learn a thing or two about computer security on these boards. There's some smart folks on here.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

That's why I'm going to follow intently

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived