Sundown Audio

1 amp per voice coil

magillaru

Anyone that runs 1 or 2 amps per coil are not going to do it with 1ks... They use 5ks and up not many 20ks out there

Also one advantage 2 amps will split the rise in half

Half the rise on half the power isn't gaining anything. That's not really an advantage.

Anyone that runs 1 or 2 amps per coil are not going to do it with 1ks... They use 5ks and up not many 20ks out there

Also one advantage 2 amps will split the rise in half

Half the rise on half the power isn't gaining anything. That's not really an advantage.

I'm not very knowledgeable with all the variables regarding rise but wouldn't it be an advantage to limit this in most cases?

I may not be understanding this correctly so please tell me if this is wrong.......

If you had one 10k amp seeing a load of .5 ohm and rising to lets say 1.5 ohm, you would be losing some power there.

But if what Alpine is saying is true (again, I may be misunderstanding this), having two 5k amps still seeing a final load of .5 ohm (before rise) and then only getting half of the rise you would get with the 10k, you would be getting more power out of the system.....???

Is this correct at all or am I way off?

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

You aren't getting half the rise, a 1 ohm rise is a 1 ohm rise.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Another reason would be if you had a set up with 2 amps 1k watts each and you upgrade to one sub with more power handling or something and because of your gear it would make sense to wire that way. Just an example.

I used to have 2 kicker 2500's per Solo X 18 (2 subs) and needed a shop help me set gains at the time.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I'll go on record here saying I have not done any testing on this and was told by competitors that know a shit load more then me when strapping amps you are distributing the ohm rise between the amps and that is why strapping amps is almost all ways louder then unstrapped amps...

Now I have tested the poss out of strapped amps vs unstrapped amps

In my test strapped was all ways louder with more power leading me to believe in that information

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I'll go on record here saying I have not done any testing on this and was told by competitors that know a shit load more then me when strapping amps you are distributing the ohm rise between the amps and that is why strapping amps is almost all ways louder then unstrapped amps...

In my test strapped was all ways louder with more power leading me to believe in that information

I respect your opinions and knowledge most of the time. but I have read many posts and statements that claim strapping is no better than running amps unstrapped.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I get what you're saying about the rise being split between the amps and I wwasn't trying to call you out about it as I'm sure you know more than I do.

What I was saying is the amount of rise is still the same overall.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I respect your opinions and knowledge most of the time. but I have read many posts and statements that claim strapping is no better than running amps unstrapped.

That's fine I have tested it for myself and my results were louder... Unstrapped amp are a he'll of a lot more stable and even sound better (to me) then strapped amps so I prefer not strapping amps at all but for comps when I want every last watt and every last point of a db I'm strapping 4 amps per sub if I can

I get what you're saying about the rise being split between the amps and I wwasn't trying to call you out about it as I'm sure you know more than I do.

What I was saying is the amount of rise is still the same overall.

Oh I'm not arguing with you ether..... Your right 1 Ohm rise is one ohm rise two amps just handle it better or again as I'm told

There might be another reason all together why strapped was louder then unstrapped but that would be a question for Tony damore and such

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Rise... :rofl:

2 amps instead of one big one makes it easier to hide them sometimes and obviously you don't need very high power amps. Which sometimes also makes the wiring easier, running 3 1/0g wires to the same amp can be more annoying then running 2 times 1/0g wire to 2 amps.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived