Nice score on the screw. I hear ya on the Pillars. Having trouble committing to position right now so i put them away to work on the Lancer. Tuned in for how your Pillars turn out.

Thank you :)

I think as far as positioning goes, I'll probably end up positioning them similar to how dolarbillz did for his and ToNasty's pillars, but I do want to test it before I actually get to work on them. Figure out what angle I want and how high or low on the pillar. My mind say put them high so they're less in the way for driving since it's my daily, but my ears say put them where they sound best ;)

From what i have read the lower on the windshield the better,but i think you definitely have to play with positioning for what sounds best to you. I am stuck right now so i put it away until i am committed and dive in.

Nice score on the screw. I hear ya on the Pillars. Having trouble committing to position right now so i put them away to work on the Lancer. Tuned in for how your Pillars turn out.

Thank you :)

I think as far as positioning goes, I'll probably end up positioning them similar to how dolarbillz did for his and ToNasty's pillars, but I do want to test it before I actually get to work on them. Figure out what angle I want and how high or low on the pillar. My mind say put them high so they're less in the way for driving since it's my daily, but my ears say put them where they sound best ;)

From what i have read the lower on the windshield the better,but i think you definitely have to play with positioning for what sounds best to you. I am stuck right now so i put it away until i am committed and dive in.

I suppose lower would be best for having it come from right in front of you as best as it can, versus coming from a higher placement where the sound is coming down from above the level of your ears.

Time to buy some double sided tape and hope it can support the weight of the drivers

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

The space i am working with is small, kinda locked in just have to figure out positioning. Tuned in to see what you come up with,

I see. Well, hopefully tomorrow I can squeeze in a little planning, snap a couple pictures, and share what I feel is best for me. If not, it'll be a little while before I make any progress. Navy life :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I know what clean is trying to explain, a rabbeting bit perhaps? Build looks great man! I love seeing how the more experienced do things

maybe. im not sure. i don't have any issues with the straight bit though. especially not when i have the circle jig attached as well. my freehand circles on the MDF were definitely rough.

Thank you for checking it out. i don't feel as if i'm one of the more experienced though, as this is the first vehicle that ive done any fabrication and staging in. it's been a learning experience each time i try it. practice is making it better though. this will be the fourth time i think i've done my door pods, first time on the pillars

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I think I know what clean is trying to explain, a rabbeting bit perhaps? Build looks great man! I love seeing how the more experienced do things

maybe. im not sure. i don't have any issues with the straight bit though. especially not when i have the circle jig attached as well. my freehand circles on the MDF were definitely rough.

Thank you for checking it out. i don't feel as if i'm one of the more experienced though, as this is the first vehicle that ive done any fabrication and staging in. it's been a learning experience each time i try it. practice is making it better though. this will be the fourth time i think i've done my door pods, first time on the pillars

3 more times than I did my doors so far lol I just love the approach you have to your build, simple but committed until you get what you want, not to mention the attention to detail

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I just tried a fitment test for the L8 in the kicks, and I can definitely do it on the passenger side, but the drivers side is a no-go. It's a smaller panel, the hood release is somewhat in the way (no, I won't relocate it), as well as other things that make that area cramped. So, both the L6 and L8's will be in the doors. Saturday I'm going to deaden the rear hatch with my leftover q-mat because I never got around to it and it needs it, and when that's done, I'll start modeling out how I'm going to do the doors. Maybe some progress pictures by Sunday night? We'll see.

Oh, and I'll be redoing the cutouts for the L1pro's and L4's, because practice makes perfect, and they're not perfect.

Edited by reedal

Idea just occurred to me. I'll ask because I don't know and hopefully someone with more experience than me will have an answer.

So, since I can't run the L8's in the kicks because of the lack of room, if I test fit the L6's for the kicks and there's enough room, would there be any issue with having the L8's in the doors for midbass, and the L6's off-axis in the kicks for mid-range?

And if that will work without issue (assuming all things perfect ;)) how should the L8's be directed in the doors? On-axis or off?

Man I hope someone sees this cause I really don't want to make a thread for this question if it's something that won't work the way I'm imagining it in my head.