Advice On 2-way Active Sound Quality Setup

Woofer Pressure

From reading the very first post in the thread, the op has active capabilities with his headunit and amplifier.

May as well use it ... Correct ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I errased what you typed ...

I towed in a car similar to yours the other day. If it was mine, I would have absolutely no need for running anything other than passive in your car ...

Just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Active and spl is a no brainer, it's easyier to achive more spl with an active setup, you have higher power handling, more wiring options, each speaker can be maxed out,

Where as it is harder to achive sq with active setup without experience and time,

They only resion I susgested passive biamping or biwiring there are moderate sonic benefits, less chance of a tweeter burnout, less power wasted reproducing aforementioned frequencies, while still allowing the op to easily upgrade to a full active system when the time is right without fully redoing the system,

Active and spl is a no brainer, it's easyier to achive more spl with an active setup, you have higher power handling, more wiring options, each speaker can be maxed out,

Where as it is harder to achive sq with active setup without experience and time,

They only resion I susgested passive biamping or biwiring there are moderate sonic benefits, less chance of a tweeter burnout, less power wasted reproducing aforementioned frequencies, while still allowing the op to easily upgrade to a full active system when the time is right without fully redoing the system,

The reason I'm running active with each speaker on a separate amp channel is so I can fine tune all crossovers and time alignment perfectly. With an 80PRS to work with, why not? The time is right!

Thanks for the advice, though. I appreciate any help I can get.

Makes sense to me..

My "go-to" budget, DIY, active suggestion is the Silver Flute woofers and Vifa xt25 tweeters. But you have plenty of choices.

Dayton RS180's are also very good.

Peerless

SB Acoustics

If you can fit the depth... the Anarchy is an absolute budget BEAST. http://www.diysoundgroup.com/anarchy-woofer/anarchy-4ohm.html

I don't think you can beat the Vifa ring radiators for tweeters since you have no size restriction and can get them on axis. They will also play low enough to mate with just about any woofer you choose.

Edit: since you're amenable to matched component sets... I have to toss in the Ampere Audio comps. I have them and they are lovely. They come in under budget too.

Thank you all for the input so far!

Unfortunately, the Anarchy woofers are a bit too deep to fit in my doors. Would the Silver Flutes be my next best choice?

Also, for the tweeter there seems to be a few different models. Which are you referring to?

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ring-radiator-tweeters/vifa-xt25sc90-04-ring-radiator-tweeter/

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ring-radiator-tweeters/vifa-xt25bg60-04-vifa-ring-dome-tweeter-double-magnet-4-ohm/

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ring-radiator-tweeters/vifa-xt25tg30-04-1-ring-radiator-tweeter/

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived