6.5 PWX Crescendos BIG CONCERNS

normally people run them up to 5khz, they're meant to get loud not necessarily sound clear for spl applications

I did the same shit, i saw a bunch of youtube videos and went and bought a pair of neo forte 8"s and super tweets to replace my 6.5'" polk mm6501 component

i actually got less midbass than i did with my polk but with enough power they got damn loud. I ended up crossing them at 250hz and got a pair image dynamics 8'"s to put in kick pods (that i need to rebuild) and run 80-250hz.

initially i was disappointed by the performance but it got better once i gave them more power

Yes it's not as much midbass as a non-PA speaker, buts it's still there, which is contrary to the way you're making it out to be.

normally people run them up to 5khz, they're meant to get loud not necessarily sound clear for spl applications

I did the same shit, i saw a bunch of youtube videos and went and bought a pair of neo forte 8"s and super tweets to replace my 6.5'" polk mm6501 component

i actually got less midbass than i did with my polk but with enough power they got damn loud. I ended up crossing them at 250hz and got a pair image dynamics 8'"s to put in kick pods (that i need to rebuild) and run 80-250hz.

initially i was disappointed by the performance but it got better once i gave them more power

Sounds like you need to do a tad bit more research BEFORE you start your rebuild ...

It's almost like your are using your 6.5" drivers for midrange ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Andru ... to be able to give advice here, you can't go by your personal install unless asked by the op.

EVERY application is different with install practices ...

Welcome to SMD

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

What what is a 6.5 good for?

I mean it seems to me even very highend 2 way component sets utilize a 6.5 so ready they all doing it wrong?

Not doubting you, im just interested in knowing.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I mean it seems to me even very highend 2 way component sets utilize a 6.5 so ready they all doing it wrong?

My apologies Sir ... you asking me or Andru ??

A 6.5" driver is a GREAT midbass driver ... musically. However, most of them built today just don't have the balls to keep up with massive subbass ...

This is why most people bump up to multiple drivers or larger drivers such as an 8 or a 10" driver ...

I won several SQ competitions with a 2 way passive 6 and tweet. Hell, sometimes I even forgot to turn on the subs in a few of those ...

My apologies Sir ... you asking me or Andru ??

A 6.5" driver is a GREAT midbass driver ... musically. However, most of them built today just don't have the balls to keep up with massive subbass ...

This is why most people bump up to multiple drivers or larger drivers such as an 8 or a 10" driver ...

I won several SQ competitions with a 2 way passive 6 and tweet. Hell, sometimes I even forgot to turn on the subs in a few of those ...

I was definitely asking you.

I guess that makes sense, I wouldn't expect the low end stuff to perform as well as the good stuff although in some cases you are just paying for a name.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Randal.. you should leave this to the professionals.. they obviously know more than you

i just learned something new.. i didnt know sounding clear and spl was possible

My soundqubed PA's are high-passed at 80 and have no issues with reproducing that on rated power. Freq response stops at 100hz. What's the explanation on that?

I'm still waiting on andru's explanation on why I have midbass under 100hz when soundqubed says their frequency response doesn't go below that...

My soundqubed PA's are high-passed at 80 and have no issues with reproducing that on rated power. Freq response stops at 100hz. What's the explanation on that?

I'm still waiting on andru's explanation on why I have midbass under 100hz when soundqubed says their frequency response doesn't go below that...

Frequency response cutoff has a slope. If it says on the box 100hz, that doesn't mean low frequency response magically stops at 100hz, it gently rolls off sounding quieter and quieter. Like how some crossovers are 12db/octave, that means sound output drops by 12db every octave.

So if you set the HPF at 200hz, one octave lower at 100hz the output drops by 12db, another octave lower at 50hz the output drops by another 12db meaning a total of 24, and so on.

Archived