SO I was looking for a small LOW BUDGET build! My buddy at work had this little 82 Nissan/Datsun that his dad bought brand new! His dad passed away and he got it. It sit for years then he started driving it back & fourth to work for a bit but parked it. She's been sitting for a few years but is all original in actually in great shape for it's age! Looks better in person then in the pic's! I'm bringing it home tomorrow and cleaning it up!

11910999_1023359537687680_832323562_n_zp

11896994_1023359547687679_908385623_n_zp

1_zpsau5xvtmz.jpg

SO looking to do a little SQ build in it with some stuff I got sitting around that came out of Bis-Kwik. WELL look what it had in it! A Pioneer KP500 that works! This is one sexy ass old head unit!!!!!! 8) I am for sure gonna rock this baby! However I will have to do a few little mod's to it. I found the complete "Detailed" wiring diagram for the circuit board's in it. SO I will be upgrading it some to accept a USB Decoder and some pre-outs on it.

kp500_zpsjxfxd4ht.jpg

kp500.2_zpsumjukcji.jpg

kp500.3_zpsttiikkuy.jpg

These pics of the radio are some I scored off the web but it is exactly like them. And it does work to!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dig it.

That radio just oozes sex.

LOL I'm for real I'm going to mod it so I can use a USB & have some amp hook up's! B)

Have you considered leaving it alone and hiding a modern radio in the glove box?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Have you considered leaving it alone and hiding a modern radio in the glove box?

I want to be able to control everything from it. The outside will look the same. Basically I will tap into the Cassette tape head for a input And it has a built in amp from the receiver so I should be able to tap in some amp output's there. The outside will not not change any nor will the factory functioning of the radio. Just tapping into it that's all!

Restomod?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Restomod?

Yep! For me in it's current state it is no good without these mod's. I don't own any Cassette Tape's, Hate listining to the radio! All of my music is either on my Ipod or thumb drive. I've tried Cassette adapter & fm modulators but they have too much distortion for my liking! But that was years ago & I know technology has advanced over the years. Plus it just looks too cool to take out of the truck! B)

Well it's home !!! I started cleaning on it & started it up! It's been sitting for years so the gas STINKS!

DSCN0057_zpsojp6pzhc.jpg

DSCN0063_zpsuu51ucwq.jpg

DSCN0060_zps0p22opnt.jpg

DSCN0066%202_zpsmcwtyiev.jpg

DSCN0069_zpsy98fespm.jpg

DSCN0070_zps3r2perlh.jpg

Archived