Sundown Audio

Should I strap my amps or NOT!

everybodyknowme

Hey guys need you help. I have a soundqubed 2200 on 2 AB XFL dual 4 down to 1 ohm. Yesterday I came across a matching 2200 for tha low and bought it on the spot not thinking if I strap these amps I can only do 2 ohm. Yes I am planning to upgrade later this year and add 2 more AB XFL but until then how can I run this amp. I was thinking running 1 on each sub (yes it would only see half power from each amp @ 2ohms) but my box has my subs sharing space. Wouldn't that mess thing up? Should I just hold off on the install until I get the other subs? What is the advantage/ disadvantage? Thoughts please

its kind of a toss up to strap. There's lots of guys that generally see a decrease in output, well meter wise, with their amps being strapped. Foxracin4 being one of them, running 4 Sundown 4500's on 12 10's. IIRC he lost 1.5db or something like that with his amps strapped. And maybe had issues protecting them too, idk it's been awhile since I read it in his thread.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

If you do decide to just make sure your electrical is strong. Also I know you said they were matching, just make sure they are the same versions because the v1 and v2 cannot be strapped together iirc.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

its kind of a toss up to strap. There's lots of guys that generally see a decrease in output, well meter wise, with their amps being strapped. Foxracin4 being one of them, running 4 Sundown 4500's on 12 10's. IIRC he lost 1.5db or something like that with his amps strapped. And maybe had issues protecting them too, idk it's been awhile since I read it in his thread.

holyyyy

i havent been on here in a while and i click on this thread!!

i was running .7 strapped on 4 saz4500s. they were protect happy on punchy songs.

unstrapped at .35ea not an issue.

those amps you have have been known to do .25ea without an issue..

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I'm BD-linked/strapped on my RF's each amp see 1ohm.

There are 2 REALLY long threads on this subject. I suggest you doing a search for them. There is some great info. It's going to come down to whether or not your setup will support being strapped and user preference.

ive beem running strapped for a while cause it was the only option for me.... i have 4 crescendo bc2000d and 2 of those amps have problems with the setting( gain, subsonic, lpf) . example: like one of my amps the subsonic filter seem to act like it was a gain (i know weird right) so it was literally impossible for the smd dd1 and cc1 to calibrate them properly. so instead of sending the amps in for repair i just ran those 2 amps as slave. and i haven't had issue with them strapped. only thing i notice about strapped amps is that they seem to run hotter.. so if you do run strapped make sure they have good cooling

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

"If you strap your amps your gonna have a bad time mmmmmkkkkaaayyy"

Personally I wouldn't strap if your running below rated impedance.... Ever.... Like fox racing said

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Archived