DC Sound Lab

DC level 6 want to change its size

Also this is what PSI had what to say, pretty much the same thing.

We can help you rebuild this subwoofer into a 12", but we cannot guarantee it to handle the huge amount of power that you plan on using. Your 18" subwoofer is going to be more capable of handling high power, even with the same type of parts installed. It's just bigger and takes more to move, and more to destroy.

We can set you up with a recone kit that's built with the largest voice coil that we have - 107 XL 1.4, 5 10" linear roll spiders, triple sewn heavy duty interwoven leadwires, 8gauge XS-Flex OFC direct connect wiring, HD pulp cone with mega roll foam surround, polypropylene dome dustcap, a 12" TI style frame, a gasket, and the glue and shims needed for assembly all at a total base price of $370 shipped.

Im feeling a little sceptical but the CJ guy says he can get me a frame, and recone hmmm

Good luck getting enough spider to allow any excursion. I know you look to have changed your mind a bit which is a good thing.

Just a quick FYI, the Level 6 coil is 3.5" in diameter. It doesn't leave you with much meat on a typical 9.25" spider.

The new 6 spoke basket that Fi/Crossfire came out with will accommodate a 10" spider. Look for the Crossfire XSv2 12" in a blowthrough in the near future.

Incorrect. The Level 6 uses a 4" coil. To be built it would use a TC frame and 10" spider. Same spiders that are used on the 15" and 18" versions.
Oops, I was thinking of the Level 5.

Can I see a tape measure on the Ti basket to show it's truly a 10" spider? My Crossfire C7 12s utilize the 4 spoke Ti basket and I've been told they are only 9.25" spiders. I know there is a reason that Roger won't put the big XS motor on my basket and that's because he said there isn't enough spider, hence the reason they tooled the new 6 spoke Ti basket with TRUE 10" landings.

they are true 10" spiders

I'm sorry, I need proof. I need to see a tape measure on the spider and spider landing to believe it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

There was a guy on here who had 2 level 6 12's but I can't remember his name. Anybody remember what I'm talking about?

Guy from Alaska...Kasey something or another

Yep that's it. The username was: lolitskasey

OP maybe you should give this person a PM. 2 level 6 12's that I believe were at least in working order? Don't remember what power was being used or anything

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

there are a few out few people have made them work few people have destroyed them not saying it cant be done however an xl 12 will be louder and take more abuse if cody wants to try and get you parts thats on him just know there will be no warranty and it is not a good idea......matter of fact go on facebook and ask rusty for one see what the owner has to say about it

• Like (+1 Rep) 1