Sundown Audio

just bought a rockville rxd-m4 amp

Bayuk89

Hey man whatever you believe. Rockville website says 1500 also. I have said you're right like 10 times. But bash bash bash is you got. I'm done.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Just becasue the 4 channel has a cheap price tag and the company isnt exactly on par with their ratings doesnt mean that their amps have poor sound quality, There are not a lot of people in this forum who have not critically listened to car amps on high end home drivers, I actually have tried several old school amps and some newer high end and low end stuff.

I can tell you my all time favorite mid and high amp that I used to own was the soundstream class a 6.0, it was the worst sounding of the litter when hooked to a high end two channel set up. I tried a US amps tube hybrid they had back in the day and liked that the best, however this cheap ass chinese amp made by tone winner had the most upper frequency detail, It didnt have a lot of oomph below 100hz but if you are running and active sub you can easily deal with that. Point is cheap chinese amp actually sounded good!

I run the korean boards to my mids and highs, I even replaced the 50 cent op amps in the input section with high dollar burr brown replacements just to get them to sound better because I think the koreans have the best class d sub amps but I think they lack on sound q when it comes to their class a/b stuff.

Dont forget China is not known for engineering but rather reverse engineering, they find someone elses great design and copy it. Who knows where the rockville board actually originated.

One other thing old school orion shit has never met its dyno numbers, do we bash them and talk shit? Maybe...Maybe not as hard...

Meet you at T-Fade's house...

I only threw a light hearted jab going along with Mr. Skippy's "a dick to your ears" comment, never meant for it to go as far as it did in a sub amp thread. I don't care if anyone runs a budget amp...truthfully I might listen to some of the current budget Zapco or American Bass (=Massive NX5) small chassis 5 channels for my wife's new car.

BTW for those that still think all amps sound the same, mostly because they once heard someone misquote the infamous "$10,000 challenge". One quote from the test originator (besides all the playing-field-leveling guidelines of the test itself):

Does this mean all amps sound the same in a normal install?
No. Richard Clark is very careful to say that amps usually do not sound the same in the real world.

The biggest audible difference I've found are as MADVIBES describes--frequency response peaks and valleys. It's why Mr. Clark's test stipulates an EQ on one amp or the other to tune them to match and why I stated no processers in my other post.

Fun times on the interwebs. Bunch of instigators. I like it. :hi:

Static drops are my bag.

Haha! Yeah that was said with sarcasm and humor but it didn't translate over text very well. I also honestly don't care what people choose for themselves either. But I do kinda hate how companies try to mislead people into buying something hey aren't getting. It's pretty obvious that the members running them here know what they have and that's fine. I'm just not personally a fan of supporting the companies is all.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Haha! Yeah that was said with sarcasm and humor but it didn't translate over text very well. I also honestly don't care what people choose for themselves either. But I do kinda hate how companies try to mislead people into buying something hey aren't getting. It's pretty obvious that the members running them here know what they have and that's fine. I'm just not personally a fan of supporting the companies is all.

I agree I dont like companies misleading customers but lets be honest every company does it in one form or another, even the ones who have really badass over powered amps.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

One other thing old school orion shit has never met its dyno numbers, do we bash them and talk shit? Maybe...Maybe not as hard...

Old school Orions are still playing today. Come back with this argument when Rockville amps are still working in 20 years.

I give a fuck what the numbers say, if its cheap, it was built cheap. Somewhere, here and there, corners were cut. We (basshead community) will find those eventually.

At least be honest if you run it, say "its all I can afford right now", not "its good for the money."

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Yes, orions are tanks and many are still on the road today.

Will the chinese amps be around that long? Doubtful.

would I build an show car filled with rockville amps? yes, if I was given carte blanche to build a 160 rockville build with photos....

i hella wanted to say Kate Blanchett

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Nothing's stopping you. Go ahead and buy them up.......

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived