Second Skin Audio

Box material

dolarbilz

Between all of the toxic particles it spits out when you cut it and the weight of it, I'd use a quality ply over MDF any day of the week.

it just always seemed to me that plywood boxes sounded differently tho, IMO mdf has better acoustical qualities, you're definitely right about it being toxic tho.

Between all of the toxic particles it spits out when you cut it and the weight of it, I'd use a quality ply over MDF any day of the week.

it just always seemed to me that plywood boxes sounded differently tho, IMO mdf has better acoustical qualities, you're definitely right about it being toxic tho.

And you judged this how?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

And you judged this how?

same woffer, same box dimentions, one with 3/4 ply and one with 3/4 mdf, granted it was cheap ply but the mdf box seemed to have a better sound, can't really put my finger on exactly what made it sound better but i just prefered the mdf more.

IMG_20160101_114308.jpg

Ripped a piece real quick

I see paper thin face veneers and voids in the middle. I'd avoid that stuff in the future, IMHO.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I guess everyone has different acoustical prefferances. When good acoustics is a priority, i like building out of actual hardwood when possible, like what is done with high end pro audio, home theater, and guitar cabinets. Mdf or plywood are not tonewoods. Notice you will never see a guitar built out of either.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived