Jump to content

suggestions for tight, hard hitting 6.5 midbass/midrange speakers


akuma4u

Recommended Posts

Posted
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QlAGO0SHL._SY355_.jpg. .Got these in my doors keeps weather out and works like a box.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QlAGO0SHL._SY355_.jpg. .Got these in my doors keeps weather out and works like a box.

ya i got those too, i installed them in the speakers i got now , was hoping for an improvement in sound but instead it made it worse. I then cut out the bottom of the baffles and that made it better but not sure now if i was better off not even using them in the first place.. meh.

Posted

I'm running alpine type r . Ran 85x4 to them and hatted them then tried 125x4 and they woke up now I like them.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted

I would just keep saving until you can get a really nice set of comps like the hertz hsk or something along the same line.

Proper door treatment will do the most to improve what you currently have installed, you want to deaden, and roadkill or equivalent to remove any unwanted reflections off the panels.

EDIT: Do not use baffles on front speakers as they'll kill all midbass.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

i used a set of 5x7 baffels with a 6.5 comp set and kept them in for a couple months.... last week finally tore them back out because they killed my low end that my doors were putting out before... they might work for some but I have nothing good come out of using them

Posted

I would just keep saving until you can get a really nice set of comps like the hertz hsk or something along the same line.

Proper door treatment will do the most to improve what you currently have installed, you want to deaden, and roadkill or equivalent to remove any unwanted reflections off the panels.

EDIT: Do not use baffles on front speakers as they'll kill all midbass.

ya the baffles did exactly that when i installed them.. then when i cut the bottom out it brought back the midbass some... but i still left them in , im thinking when i upgrade my speakers im not going to use them at all..

they should stop calling them baffles and just start calling them what they really are.. suffocation chambers.

  • 1 year later...
Posted

I hate to necro an old thread but has anyone really decided on a good set of midbasses? I have my doors treated similar to the CAF video, abs and all. My midbass is ok, I am running a component set of JL Audio cs 250 (?) active all on their own amps. I just got my tax return, and I want my midbasses to really rock my ribcage, its close but I know it can be better. So with a budget of about 200 per speaker, with 140W going to each at 4 ohms, What speakers would you recommend?

 

Punch

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 20/03/2017 at 6:12 AM, OnePunch said:

I hate to necro an old thread but has anyone really decided on a good set of midbasses? I have my doors treated similar to the CAF video, abs and all. My midbass is ok, I am running a component set of JL Audio cs 250 (?) active all on their own amps. I just got my tax return, and I want my midbasses to really rock my ribcage, its close but I know it can be better. So with a budget of about 200 per speaker, with 140W going to each at 4 ohms, What speakers would you recommend?

 

Punch

I've had good luck with Image dynamics chameleons/cdt es06's & rainbow vanadiums. Personally a set of ID chameleons would be a nice upgrade without spending too much if that's what your looking for.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1141 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...