WARNING windows is auto updating to windows 10

http://hexus.net/tech/news/software/90209-windows-10-now-recommended-update-windows-update/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Check your setting and make sure its not set to auto update if you dont want windows 10. otherwise micro soft is force feeding it to you/

"

Previously irksome update shenanigans, that Microsoft was called out upon, include the pre-downloading of Windowsicon1.png 10 installation files and the well-known Windows 10 update nag service (with associated tray icon). Microsoft has actually varied the nag screen messages over the months and at one point was offering perplexed would-be upgraders the choice of two options: 'upgrade now' or 'upgrade tonight'. Of course there's also the close window (X) icon. Right now on my complicated hardware laptop the nag suggests I 'upgrade now' or 'start download, upgrade later' - which is much more reasonable.

Now the Windows 10 update pressure has increased. Those who qualify for the update will be targeted by Microsoft as it has shifted the categorisation of Windows 10 from an 'optional update' to a 'recommended update' in Windows Update. A company spokesman told ZDNet "As we shared in late October on the Windows Blog, we are committed to making it easy for our Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 customers to upgrade to Windows 10. We updated the upgrade experience today to help our customers, who previously reserved their upgrade, schedule a time for their upgrade to take place".

Depending upon your Windows Update settings you could now be automatically upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1icon1.png to Windows 10. From now on, if you have chosen for Windows Update to 'Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates', then the automatic OS update to 10 will kick off sometime during Microsoft's phased rollout. Please note that Windows 10 is now a recommended update, not a 'required update'. (I've just checked and am obviously not part of the new phased rollout yet, as my free Windows 10 update is still listed in the 'optional' section of the Windows Update control panel.)"

i was wondering why my pc was running particularly slow earlier and noticed it was trying to update to windows 10 on its own

We need a good alternative to windows.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

We need a good alternative to windows.

apple....
He said good alternative

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

turn off auto updates? problem solved.... I only install direct download updates... if I missed something necessary then I guess I'm screwed but I've been running this way since Vista failures

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

turn off auto updates? problem solved.... I only install direct download updates... if I missed something necessary then I guess I'm screwed but I've been running this way since Vista failures

x2

win7 ftw

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

im gonne get a chromebook here in the next couple of weeks tired of messing with windows shit

only useful if you're going to install linux... but if you're ridding yourself of windows entirely or hoping to do so then chrome OS not enough.... find a usb/lite linux to run on pretty much any chromebook for full use but make sure you save docs/important items to cloud so you have access even without the flashdrive

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived