Wire requirement for 6000wrms

Do 3 runs as you'll most likely pull more than 2 can handle especially if you drop the load below 1 ohm, seeing as you going to do it anyway you might as well cover more than you may need, no need to find out later on you need to make the extra run you could have done sooner. Another thing is if you have another amp or 2 you need to cover that also, so a 3rd run is even more important.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I

Your runs are going to depend on what's under the hood, not your amp. If you have a HO alt (let's say a 370), then do two runs of at least 1/0awg assuming they are around 15 ft. The current that travels through that wire is only going to be as much as what's coming from your electrical support (i.e. Alt). Additional runs are there to decrease resistance being pulled from your alt and batts.

An amp will still try and pull the current even if the car is off and the alt is out of the equaiton, it doesn't magically know how much current your alt can supply and only pull that much.
What you need to do is calculate your max potential current draw and wire accordingly.

How long is run ?

i have to side with broke audio addict. Magilaru is right about the resistance but wiring the alternator is not the issue. The 1 run of 1/0 OFC 2-3ft Long can handle 500a. The concern is wiring the run from front to back to handle the amps current draw.

Smoove- the car is a little under 16ft long so Id estimate maybe 18 or 19ft.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

I say 3 runs of 1/0 ofc that's what I run for my dc5k and 2 other mids and high amps.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I read someone's post or status, something like 'Ive never heard of anyone regret running extra runs or by going with OFC'. Something like that. Very true. At some point, you'll likely upgrade, so its worth it to run an extra one or two now.

Btw, 4/0 wire has the same copper cross section and current carrying capability as (2) 1/0 wires.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived