• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be a step in the right direction. Unfortunately the government would find ways to weasel out of it after you sign up. (like a lot of other things)

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

This would be a step in the right direction. Unfortunately the government would find ways to weasel out of it after you sign up. (like a lot of other things)

A good friend of mine got screwed completely out of his signing bonus because the recruiter filed the paperwork wrong.

They were unwilling to make it right, typical government bullshit.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The military will also change the deal after you sign up. You think you have certain benefits and then congress decides to reduce benefits and you get screwed. The deal you sign up for is the deal you should get. If a GI reneged on the deal they would get put on the rock hockey team in Leavenworth.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I think I would get behind this. If the reason we pay taxes is to pay for the services the government provides us, then active duty pay should not be taxed at all considering they are the ones providing one of the services and using none themselves.

Team NorthWestSPL

Not trying to thread jack, but I had an idea that's also related to enlistment/service and figured this would be an ok place to dump it for discussion.

With all the current political debate about our borders and immigration, what if our country enacted a policy for immigrants where you enlist and serve for a set amount of time, like 4 years, and at the end of it you're a full fledged citizen? This would offer immigrants some form of career training, depending on MOS, and a better opportunity to speak and read English. Plus it would show that an individual wants to naturalize/assimilate into our culture.

Thoughts?

Not trying to thread jack, but I had an idea that's also related to enlistment/service and figured this would be an ok place to dump it for discussion.

With all the current political debate about our borders and immigration, what if our country enacted a policy for immigrants where you enlist and serve for a set amount of time, like 4 years, and at the end of it you're a full fledged citizen? This would offer immigrants some form of career training, depending on MOS, and a better opportunity to speak and read English. Plus it would show that an individual wants to naturalize/assimilate into our culture.

Thoughts?

Same as if people joined only for tax free money, our military would suck because the people in it wouldn't give a shit. They wouldn't be there for what they are now. Seems like the people who join the military don't do it for the money, they do it for other reasons......

I am against ALL government. I hate paying taxes, I hate to think of another person getting a tax break when I just paid in my taxes......but I also have the quality of life i do because of them so it's a double edge sword for me and I am torn. It's an interesting idea fella's, will have to ponder this a long while.....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

but why? not every active person in the military is getting paid complete shit. i do respect the persons that are serving and have served. the ones that are serving made the decision to serve. i hope the did not decide to do it because they wanted a bunch of tax breaks and random discounts. sorry if i hit a nerve with members.

They obviously didn't enlist for tax breaks since there currently are none, minus combat pay.

Boom, that's why it's called "the service."

Ken, the deployment checks were nice though, especially with the HF/IDP bonus. I still regretfully have yet to fight a lava monster though.

Great Idea Orion, I was dumb founded that the money I was being paid with (which had already been taxed when tax payers earned it) was taxed again when given to us as a salary, all so we can be taxed again when we spend it :aggressive: Seems like the government is always dipping into our cash whenever possible. And (boometro), I typed a long winded response for you (then deleted it) but, I'll just leave it at this......Enjoy your daily life of freedoms, no need to thank us......signed, every solider who has ever voluntarily given up their life for our freedoms!!!

Well said,

Thoughts?

Kind of slippery there. Cumpulsury service for anyone is a bad idea. If you make some people "earn" their citizenship with something so extreme you will create a separate class all together. Then you will have assholes coming up with means tests for everything.

Archived