Sundown Audio

Sundown scv 1500d 0.5 ohm? Safe

it was made to run at 1ohm so dont see how wiring at 1ohm is a waste.. with 1500 watts i even doubt he will be competing and will only be using it as a daily.. blowing the amp will be a waste specially if he dont need the extra wattage

I see SMD is still stuck in the same mindset about wiring below 1 ohm lol.

And yes, yes it was. 1 ohm reactive. It will do it all day. There is a difference between 1 ohm reactive and 1 ohm nominal.

And you say 1500 watts, but he'll be lucky to see 800.

Ohms law, quite a wonder, indeed.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I'm running .6 and lovin it ,American Bass VFL

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

And yes, yes it was. 1 ohm reactive. It will do it all day. There is a difference between 1 ohm reactive and 1 ohm nominal.

couldn't have said it any better :good:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I dont think no one is stuck on anything except trying to keep a person that most likely knows no better from frying their amp.

Kind of off topic but my hifoncs hfi amps do .5 ohm daily. I don't see why a sundown wouldn't. Rise should be above 1ohm in most applications.

Edited by Brandon15zzz

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

• 4 weeks later...

IN my case and probably the OP's case he wants to wire to .5 ohm to get more power and to be able to use a quality brand amp.

I've got dual 2 ohm sa-12's and to get more power than my 2 ohm stable only 1200 watt amps has I need to upgrade. Today most of the good amps

Put out maximum power at 1 ohm. So running a 1500-2000 watt amp at .5 ohm to receive the power I need makes more sense than getting a 3500-4000 watt

watt amp at 2 ohm. Either way your going to need to boost your electrical and it seems like such a waste of amp to run 2 ohm not to mention your paying twice the money usually to only use half of what you pay for.

Seeing as people are doing this on a regular basis in large numbers nowadays I don't see why it can't be done if done correctly. Heck crescendo will warranty their amps at .5 ohm for $75 more

Wish sundown did this also

It's gonna sound like shit wired that low but if your electrical is up to the task it should handle it fine.

I agree with Miguel though, if you need more power buy a bigger amp.

I beg to differ sir. I have ran my saz3500's, saz2000's, and now my scv2000 at .5 ohms and not a single one of the setups sounded like shit. In fact the scv2000 at .5 that I am running right now has great sq and the woofer plays every note that I ask it to without issues. It gets lower than I could ever want and does not distort or stress at all. Just gotta know where to set the gains and count on box rise to get you into the 1-2 ohm range and it will sound just fine.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz