2 way active x over points?

ROLEXrifleman

^^^

Some have run their mids as low as 63 but that is extremely low IMO

you will get SOOOO many answers on this, depends on the mid specs, brand, type of music etc. IMO If you can play with it I would try 80 and up, you might like 100, 125 IDK....What are you using to set X-over points on your active setup? Amp filters only? EQ? HU?

3k on tweet sounds like a good starting off point, everyone's ear is different, goes back to what brand, specs, power going to it, type of music, etc. etc. I know it's not uncommon to also see them crossed over at 3.5k one example is super tweets are up at the 5k point (most but not all)

try 80-125 on the 6.5" and 3k-3.5k on the tweet as a starting point IMO

Where in the vehicle are these speakers located? What are you trying to get out of them? Just basically a component speaker set but running active? certain goals? Opinions will vary, would be nice if a SQ guy would chime in. I have limited experience.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I run my tweets cut off at 2600 htz.

I cut my top end of my 6.5" drivers at 3000 htz. With the bottom cut at 70 htz.

Well, that's when I was running 2 way in white lightning back in the day. Then again, this was for Sound Quality.

You might want to bump up on the bottom end of the 6.5" depending on your application.

Best of luck.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I run my tweets cut off at 2600 htz.

I cut my top end of my 6.5" drivers at 3000 htz. With the bottom cut at 70 htz.

Well, that's when I was running 2 way in white lightning back in the day. Then again, this was for Sound Quality.

You might want to bump up on the bottom end of the 6.5" depending on your application.

Best of luck.

You were the SQ guy I was hoping would pop his head in, LOL! I wanted to say "white lightning" but I still remember you as cableguy something or other....

^^^ that's almost identical where I ran. Sloped at -18db.

You were the guy I was thinking of having the doors crossed at 63, someone made a comment in your thread about the video you posted and your mids moving so much and you said they were at 63 but were handling it. Only guy I know to have them crossed that low for what you were using them for. :spiteful:

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I cross my mids at 70 Hz. Up to 3800. They can handle it to 63, but the subwoofer is too loud to match !!! So, I don't need to cross so low.

Tweeters : like Focal wrote, for their 165kp set : 3800 Hz and up. I will try 3500 sometimes. I hope they won't break !

And usually, the lower I cross, the higher the slope : from 18 to 24, to 48 db !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Thank you guys.

I've had my 6.5" drivers crossed as low as 50 htz depending on what music I was listening to. On ALOT of power, they seemed to handle it ok, but I really didn't want to damage those expensive drivers. So normally, 70 htz was the magic number.

My 8" drivers going in this Silverado's doors ... well, we will just have to test and tune. If I ever get time to work on it ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

As mentioned, check mfg. specs on where it's safe to run your speakers down to, with your overall system goal in mind.

Like White Lightning, my tweeters are safe down to 2500Hz, but many modern tweeters won't last long playing that low. I've seen specs as high as 5-6KHz on the bottom end. My mids also usually switch between 50Hz and 65Hz, depending on critical listening vs. road trip. But my vehicles are <140db stealth SQ setups for the most part, not the monsters seen around here.

My 8" drivers going in this Silverado's doors ... well, we will just have to test and tune. If I ever get time to work on it ...

Can't wait to see it. And get started on my own Tahoe build as well. Refreshing the rest of the fleet and deciding what to keep or sell at the moment.

Static drops are my bag.

I wont say it's a SQ build since I'm using the factory locations of the vehicle. But I am looking for quality

The 6.5 is a Fosgate Power Series T3652 driver, the tweet is an Infinity 1" from the Refernce 6020cs system

All this will be controlled by a Fosgate EPX2 Symmetry DSP.

Power will be in the 50-100 watt range

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived