How much battery ah is needed.

Well the people that I know that and have been doing it for years haven't had any problems lol. What about the people that compete solely off battery banks and recharge them after the comp?

I'm not saying it doesn't work, but you're still just band-aiding it. Especially if you plan on upgrading the electrical in the future anyways you might as well save your money and buy the upgrades sooner rather than later. As for the battery banks and comps...competition and daily driving are two different beasts. I doubt he wants to have to plug up his car every time he gets home or plays his music. On top of that, he would only have a very limited time to play his music. My whole point was that he just do the electrical system right in the first place so that he never has to worry about any of that.

Charging your batteries regular will keep them topped off and take strain off the alternator (s).

Plugging it up to charge every night takes little effort. Many vehicles that do not have the space for extra alts, a huge bank, or the ones that don't have an aftermarket alt have to do this.

Plugged my blazer in every night...... No way i was going to let a few grand in batterys not stay topped off, and in top shape. If it wasnt running, it was plugged in.

I dont really get the "band aid" comment. When you have 5 or 10 or 48 batterys, its the nature of the beast. People do it all the time, and everyones banks are fine. Not premature failures of any kind.

Cool I just need to buy a decent agm charger. I'll get 2 more batteries too so I'll have 720ah

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/microprocessor-controlled+battery+charger-maintainer.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

So how much play time should I have? I should just charge it when the voltage starts droppin below 12?

. That's what a H.O. alt does

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I don't understand what u want if your looking for power when parked get a A/C volt converter but if it's just at idle u need to drop some cash on a ALT , pretty cut an dry

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived