You have to completely disconnect all grounds from your battery, not just the factory. That's what Mr. Skippy is getting at, in a roundabout way.

You have to completely disconnect all grounds from your battery, not just the factory. That's what Mr. Skippy is getting at, in a roundabout way.

Yeah, I like how Mr. Skippy and yourself made it clear what to do. So I'm curious if set ups like this the user has to instruct a mechanic what to do or should you just do it yourself before they mess something up.

I mean I wouldn't think an oil change would warrant this.

Yeah, I like how Mr. Skippy and yourself made it clear what to do. So I'm curious if set ups like this the user has to instruct a mechanic what to do or should you just do it yourself before they mess something up.

I honestly have nooo idea what is being talked about. Just that you said something about informing a mechanic. When I had a shop put my alternator in, I gave them clear precise instruction on which wires to add and to wear. And obviously the wires I provided lol

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yeah I wanted to make sure I understood what was going on and make sure my questions were clear. You have to disconnect everything from the terminal that is grounded otherwise you haven't really removed the connection. Unless something is connected directly and only to the side post it will still be grounded.

What is this about an oil change? What does that have to do with this?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Probably nothing. I'm

Yeah I wanted to make sure I understood what was going on and make sure my questions were clear. You have to disconnect everything from the terminal that is grounded otherwise you haven't really removed the connection. Unless something is connected directly and only to the side post it will still be grounded.

What is this about an oil change? What does that have to do with this?

Probably nothing. Was just thinking aloud. Thanks for the advice.

I honestly have nooo idea what is being talked about. Just that you said something about informing a mechanic. When I had a shop put my alternator in, I gave them clear precise instruction on which wires to add and to wear. And obviously the wires I provided lol

I was saying that you should probably disconnect everything (battery terminals like they were saying) before taking it to a mechanic thinking the negative is disconnected like I did. It's nothing though.

Archived