meade916

2 GIGANTIC 24" Sundown Audio Zv.5 SUBWOOFERS One GIGANTIC Box! Stacked Ports - Skeleton bracing New Build Pics Page 4

54 posts in this topic

Big Ass 24" Subwoofers & Huge Ported Box (Build) - Sundown Audio ZV.5 Video 1

2 people like this

i had stuff to do today but i managed to cut the bottom piece. The bucket holding this thing up gives you an idea just how big this box is. 18ft3 before displacement. The 24" subs and the 2 large ports will chew up some of that for sure.  And no, it isn't glued or nailed together yet. It is a big house of cards right now. Just mocked up to make sure my pieces are good :D

IMG_1731.JPG

IMG_1733.JPG

IMG_1732.JPG

3 people like this

A- sick ass work as per man

B- damn those are huge,.. bucket gives some mad perspective... damn

3- hope there is a second (or more) vids

On 4/22/2017 at 0:09 PM, Kyblack76 said:

A- sick ass work as per man

B- damn those are huge,.. bucket gives some mad perspective... damn

3- hope there is a second (or more) vids

thanks a lot man!!!

i am not done with the stacked ports yet.  They are made of 1.25" MDF and there will be 12 or more total on each side.  The box is supposed to be tuned to about 32hz.  I could easily tune it way lower but i don't want this box to miss out on some of the upper bass frequencies.  

Also, i am NOT DONE bracing this thing yet.  I wanted to build the bulk of it and then decide from there what i was going to do to make it sturdy.  It is already sturdy the way it sits but i will do more for sure.  Stay tuned! :D

1 person likes this

That box doesn't look big until u see someone sitting in it.

the box is: 18.xx ft3 (ID) before displacement.  The ports are 75" Each and iirc i think i they will be at least 15" long.  The stacks are made of 1.25" MDF each so i am starting with 12 of them.  Again, i am doing more bracing and NONE of what you see is glued, screwed or tattoo'd yet.  It's all a house of cards about to fall over any second now.  I will start gluing and shit as soon as i decide the direction i am going to go from here.  I don't think i am doing an acrylic window this time.  I just want it to be a really nice box that bangs.  Perhaps i will sell it someday when i am through with it. Stay tuned! 

1 person likes this