Has anyone replaced battery cables with car audio wire?

I have a 52 Chevy pickup and I was planning on doing the Big 3/4 upgrade. The current wiring is hacked and I think it may be wise to just replace the battery cables completely instead of just adding to it with the Big 3/4. Has anyone replaced their existing battery cables with wire intended for car audio or should I go with welding cable? I want to do this right and l just purchased an Optima Battery so I want new terminals as well. Any thoughts, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Here's a quick pic of my truck

3065A9F9-41FC-45A7-A797-B57AC184B262_zps

If it were me, I would use welding wire. Car audio wire is not created equal. The temperature rating on welding wire is excellent and car audio wire is hit and miss.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Badass truck man. Other than weld cable, you can also select a higher voltage wire from a local electric supply.  A lot of 600V or 7500V cable is oil resistant (look for <1.5% absorption), 150degC insulation, and is more rugged than even weld wire.  If you are using it under hood, I recommend tin plated copper, not just OFC.  Im using Champlain 7500V EXAR wire for my underhood power and ground cables.  For my run to the rear bank, however, I'm using 105degC KnuKonceptz.  Post some more pics of that sexy thang!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Stop, just stop. Regular OFC 1/0 is probably more than efficient this ride. 
You people crack me up with your welding cable for a 240amp alt at 6000rpm

Archived