Second Skin Audio

thoughts on ascendant audio mayhem 12s

Rich Schenk

Currently have 6 American bass xfl 1222s on 2 dc5ks and keep loosing a sub top passenger side one. Thinking its cause of being different versions of an xfl and sick of wasting money and time blowing them. So can get a great deal on some ascendant audio mayhem 12s 1.4s. So wondering how they will sound and work compared to the ab xfls. Box is tuned to 29hz and blaine Perkins said box will work fine for these subs. 

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

If u keep blowing a sub in the same spot on the box u have a box issue. Pressure must be building on that wall and making that sub unload. There are a lot of good box builders here , Before dropping any more money would have them check out your box. AB has great subs and AA also make great subs.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Box is fine have showed design to multiple people and that isn't the issue from what I've been told. Been told by other people that run xfls that newer ones don't like to play as low as the older ones. Regardless want to switch to subs that can take the power better than the xfls.

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

i've been on the hunt for new subs as well, i have 2 newer xfl 12s.  AA mayhems are some of the contenders, as i'll be upgrading my sub amp to a synergy wfo45.1.  the only issue im having in making the choice is the fact that the mayhems only have a 3" coil which the xfls also do.  i think (and i may be wrong here) that a 4" coil would handle the power of a 5k better with less unloading issues.  my xfls are in a 4.8 cu ft box with an adequate port (i think) and whenever i roll down a window or open a door they unload and i smell stinky coils.  I'm trying to avoid that.  So basically, im in a very similar, albeit smaller, boat.  hopefully someone can provide more insight in here so i might learn something too :)

AA Mayhem is my favorite sub to this day. Used it as a 12 and an 18. 

Recommend it to anyone looking for something that can take some power and is very musical. 

The mayhem 12 that I had reached it limits around the 3k-3.5k mark with the boxes that I had it in. 

I actually have one sitting right next to me. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

How do the mayhems sound? How do they like the lows. Going to have 6 on 2 dc5ks each at. 9 each cause subs our dual 1.4s and our upgraded.

7 hours ago, Rich Schenk said:

How do the mayhems sound? How do they like the lows. Going to have 6 on 2 dc5ks each at. 9 each cause subs our dual 1.4s and our upgraded.

Best box I had was 2.5 cubes tuned at 33. 

Handled the lows really well, six of them would be windyyyyy 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Never mind screwed up and dragged to long on deal s.o.l. now. Anyone have 6 good 12s they want to part with for a good deal???

Just saw this. Imho, for what it's worth, is a damn fine driver. Used it personally, and seen them beat on in several rigs. Some on lowosh power, a couple with all the power on tap. 2 tfhe 9ks on 4 18s in one. Play wicked low, reliable as fuck, sound fantastic doing it.

Great great driver. Again, imho. Have you bought em yet? I may be able to help some ;)

The Mayhem is an amazing sub.

I'd get one before any AB XFL. It's a pitty you did not make the deal !

You can post your box specs here. Blowing the sub at  the same corner...you must have a problem. No matter if they told you that your box is fine.

Be careful before you spend money on new subs.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived