scooter99 Posted January 26, 2018 Report Posted January 26, 2018 Woooooo it’s been a minute since I’ve been on here. Hello everyone. I figured if there was a place I could get the information I needed, it would be here. So, what I’m looking for are install threads that involve roof installed amp racks. Vans, trucks, cars, airplanes doesn’t have to be specific to one platform. Im working on a crazy install idea for my F250 that may, or may not, include the craziness of a DC Audio 10.0k and a ceiling of an F250. But we’re, and by we’re I mean me and the psychopath running in my head at night while I’m trying to sleep giving me these ideas, just in the beginning stages of this which means research research research. Actually thats not not true I can’t give the psychopath the credit. My brother mentioned it jokingly, and then the psychopath took it from there and that brings me here. Just thought id see what installs are out there and combine those with my ideas and see if I can come up with a solid plan. Now the the only thing I don’t want, is the guy saying you can’t do that, you’re gonna have a middle above your head if you get in an accident. I’m not an idiot. We’re not talking paper mache and cardboard here. Welded steel and solid is what it’ll be or it won’t happen. Aside of that I’ll take ideas, thread links, pics and hellos. Thanks guys. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
bsneon98 Posted January 26, 2018 Report Posted January 26, 2018 holy crap man. its been a minute since ive seen your name pop up! Did some quick digging https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174595-jeep-rebuild-vfl-20k-2-neo-subwoofers-121816/?page=16 Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152954-1998-plymouth-neon-updates/
WalledSonic Posted January 26, 2018 Report Posted January 26, 2018 Sup dude Check out @jonik1 's build log EDIT: 48K aint no joke. Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
bcbrassard Posted January 26, 2018 Report Posted January 26, 2018 Sup man... Been a LONG time. Sounds like a killer build.
scooter99 Posted January 26, 2018 Author Report Posted January 26, 2018 Thanks guys. Yeah life has been nuts and when it’s not it’s been life. I’ll check those builds out thanks for the links. I have some ideas that I’m excited about, but as always time is the factor, the fact that my truck is my daily so it has to operate every day, and we use it to tow our trailer so it has to be functional for my whole family to fit comfortably including my other kids (my dogs) too. Ill make a thread tonight sometime maybe when I have a chance on what I did before and why I had to tear it all out. Again thanks. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Kyblack76 Posted January 26, 2018 Report Posted January 26, 2018 Bro!?!? Where ya been? Always rad to see you post man. Miss your face man. Maybe get ya at the BBQ i hope!! SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
scooter99 Posted January 26, 2018 Author Report Posted January 26, 2018 Are you going in May? My daughters 6th grade promotion is that Friday, and I’m not sure if we’re going camping that weekend yet. If not I’ll be shooting for going. Would be nice to see you. Of course the last one I had a working system and you weren’t there to hear it. But I’ll see if I can get back playing by then. Here’s a short video my brother took at the last bbq when we toting it all playing. Sounded good for a week. Lol Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
scooter99 Posted January 26, 2018 Author Report Posted January 26, 2018 So my initial ideas, and I should’ve said this in the beginning, is to reinforce the whole roof with steel. Along the stock frame rails going across the roof, steel bracing between each, and then build the rack off of that. The idea would be the amp long ways going front to back, not side to side. Think of a center roof console idea, except it’s an amp not a console. I want ant to bring it down far enough, 3 - 4 inches and have 3 fuse holders on each side at an angle. There are three inputs and I’m using double inserts, see the video above. That’s 6 power, 6 fuse holders. I’m sure you guys are like, damn that’s going to be a nightmare running all that cable. I thought the same thing and then, I realized instead of running 6 power and 6 ground cables up there, I’ll run a single power and single ground 2/0 cable up each pillar. Dual 2/0 power runs to a buss bar, then the 6 1/0 off of that. Nightmare settled down to just a semi scary dream. Then when I finish it all, I’d have a trim panel that only shows the center of the amp, the two stripes and long enough to see the dc Audio, and the same length opening on the side with the cable visible and fuse holders in the middle. Just have to to figure out how to make it all work. Lol Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
scooter99 Posted January 26, 2018 Author Report Posted January 26, 2018 3 hours ago, WalledSonic said: Sup dude Check out @jonik1 's build log EDIT: 48K aint no joke. Dude that rack, well whole build, is legit. Thanks for the link. Nothing like enough equipment for a suburban but fit it in a damn power wheels car. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
boom50cal Posted January 26, 2018 Report Posted January 26, 2018 as wild as it sounds, you have the skills, patience, and creativity to do it and make it look BADASS. good to see you back to posting bud On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.