Jump to content

Do I need a equalizer?


Recommended Posts

Posted

This is my first system I have built using and LC2i on a stock radio. I have a 2017 focus st. I have 2 D3400’s, GP elite kit, TS3.5k, 1.5cuft after displacement tunes to 34hz with an X-10v1. Tunes with a DD-1. So my issue is that on some songs the sub will hit and sound amazing. Then I’ll play different songs that I know have bass but I get nothing out of it. Sub is moving like it’s trying to play that note but doesn’t. I know it can hit lower notes cause does on certain songs but others it doesn’t. I’m thinking I might need a equalizer to bring out that lower end frequencies. Please help 

Posted

It sounds like an EQ would help, but with the cost of an LC2i and an EQ, I myself would just get a Pioneer deck with the ability to use a microphone to auto equalize and time delay the source. Otherwise you're going to spend a lot of money trying to fix your stock radio just not being good enough. 

- 2009 Toyota Matrix Base -

- iPad 64GB -

- miniDSP 2x4 HD -

- PPI Art a200.2 -

- SoundQubed SQ-2200.2 x 2 -

Posted

If you dont want to get rid of ur stock headunit, you probably need one of those audio control devices that can sum channels and restore the bass frequencies. I think they call it “accubass”. 

Posted

on the songs that don't play bass try adjusting the accubass setting on the LC2i. what speakers did you tap to get your signal to the LC2i?

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Posted

One the posters above may have solved your problem with the LCi2, I dont know.  However, this could solve your problem: 

https://pac-audio.com/catalog/audio-interfacing/ap4-fd21

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted
3 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Nice  unit. Lots of features. Cost?

$250-300 depending on car, click the link.  My buddy has one in his Jeep and its legit.  Bypasses stock equipment and gives you ADDED hi/mid/low outputs since the signal isnt attenuated at that point in the signal path. 

BL in my sig using the AmPro in a JK Wrangler.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 922 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...