Joshdashef Posted August 23, 2018 Author Report Posted August 23, 2018 Noticed my underhood battery is on its last leg, so I decided to replace it with another XS power battery - this time the D5100R along with some Sky High flat 6 terminals to accompany it. Packaging didn't survive the journey but the battery did. Hate the mess of this stuff but rather that then a DOA battery. Came with a 12.8 float charge, so I hooked up my charger and now it sits on 13.2 - Just waiting on my Sky High terminals to install. Old battery leaking over positive terminal vs. Negative without leakage. SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
YukonXL04 Posted August 24, 2018 Report Posted August 24, 2018 I had those terminals on my acura, they broke my positive post off as well. Started leaking acid... 18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33 05 TL build log SOLD 04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed
Joshdashef Posted August 24, 2018 Author Report Posted August 24, 2018 1 hour ago, YukonXL04 said: I had those terminals on my acura, they broke my positive post off as well. Started leaking acid... Damn I'll keep that in mind the next time I go to buy one of those! SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
Joshdashef Posted February 14, 2019 Author Report Posted February 14, 2019 After a long hiatus of posting I have lots of plans for this civic. Planning on doing the following ordered myself a spl meter. The SSA APM-2 will update with my take on their meter and results! changing to a single 15 sp4v2 ran off some 4/5k amp likely come July. Redoing my headliner. Doing next cause the carpet is causing a vibrating sticky sound with any heavy bass sound deadening my roof while I have the headliner out may as well. It flexes a little more sound deadener for doors and foam rings for mids In door Blocking the holes in my doors with abs plastic and making new 6.5 speaker adapters from abs Might get a sa 4100i rta mic for tuning but may want to get an equalizer before doing that. My radios only can do so much SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
bcbrassard Posted February 15, 2019 Report Posted February 15, 2019 Sounds like you plan to do everything right for a killer system. Tuned in man!
Joshdashef Posted February 15, 2019 Author Report Posted February 15, 2019 Working towards it. I think 5k will be the limit for this car. If I wanted to compete then I’d need another car or something. SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
Joshdashef Posted March 13, 2019 Author Report Posted March 13, 2019 Put my order in last night for two SA-12s (D4) down4sound has them on sale for 194 each if anyones wondering. Decided to put off the power upgrade another year so I can save up for better electrical/subs and revamp the system for its third or fourth iteration depending on how you look at it. Will be metering the P3s on a few songs then comparing that to the SA-12s. Probably will do this before deadening the roof / doors and test again. Gonna be posting that next week sometime. Along with headliner / doors. SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
Joshdashef Posted March 19, 2019 Author Report Posted March 19, 2019 Put in the SA12s, debating on remounting my amps to give the surround more than just an inch of breathing room. Wouldn't have been possible without help from my other basshead brother Jakobe, been trying to get him to make an account on this forum to start posting his mustang, he's going from a single 12 to both of my old P3 12s. Its crazy how rooomy my trunk is, having a box take up the majority of it really lets you forget that.... I see the possibility for a 4th or 6th box build inside the trunk even. Old and new subs SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
Joshdashef Posted May 7, 2019 Author Report Posted May 7, 2019 . SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.